Estate Planning
Friday. Nuff Said!!!
This weekend, I hear the weather is supposed to be fairly nice, so I plan on cleaning out the remainder of my flower beds, cleaning up my rosebushes (yellow wild roses that spread like wildfire...), cleaning up the enormous pile of leaves that blow under and into my back steps, and maybe one more dusting of the house... I also plan to give Helen a bath (she's needed one!) and take her for a cruise or two, hang out with some friends, get some rest, and relax a little.
Jason and I need to finish up our wills and estate planning (our gift to each other for our 11th anniversary on the 29th). In my line of work, it is very easy to see why these things get put off, but it's also astounding the situations that come as a result of others' lack of planning. We've decided to create a trust for the kids, did our wills, durable power of attorneys, health care power of attorneys and living wills. Wow is that hard - having to decide what you want done with your stuff when you're gone, how you want to be treated in the tragic event that you are on a ventilator and .... UGH!
However, it is also true in my line of work to see the amazing results that occur when folks have planned out how they want things to be disbursed, their care, etc. In some families, end-of-life situations can be the end of relationships in the family as well, because there are hard feelings. It is hopeful that we can prevent those types of situations from existing with proper planning. ...fun stuff!
Anyhew, in other news... We're plugging away at our construction projects, day by day. Jason was out of commission for a little bit because of some bad back pain, but we are getting that under control now, as well. Your continued prayers of healing are much appreciated.
We rejoice in the fact that we have had some nice rains lately. I don't know exactly how much rain we've had lately, but I had heard around town a number near 3/4 of an inch earlier this week. We will TAKE IT!
And .... what I have been wondering for a few months... WHEN CAN WE GO CAMPING?!?!?!?!?


Comments