Friday. Mischief.
Taken from an article on this site: Click Here
Growing up in the country can be very busy with Saturdays being filled with bailing hay in the Summer and helping gather chopped wood in the Fall. There are always chores to be done with feeding animals and helping in the garden. There are also times where you are left to your imagination and creativity. We didn't have a television for a long time so we spent lots of time outside.
We had a pond down from our house and my Dad often stocked it with fish. We spent a lot of time down at that pond fishing, swimming, avoiding snakes. I can remember neighbors stopping by from time to time to ask if my Dad would mind if they could do a little fishing on our pond. My Dad always told them sure, anytime they wanted they could go fishing.
I remember one Summer day when me and my brother, Mike, had been particularly out of creativity and imagination and were walking down our gravel road trying to pick our brains for something to do. We were walking right by our pond when we spotted an old man sitting on a 5 gallon bucket fishing in our pond. I am not sure who thought of it but I guess it could possibly have been me, but we came up with the idea that we would trick the man into thinking there were really big fish in the pond. We each took a good size rock and would randomly throw the rock far away from the man at the other side of the pond so it made a big splash like a fish was splashing around. I have never seen an old man get so excited or move so fast! He grabbed up all his stuff and his 5 gallon bucket and traipsed around the pond toward where the rock fell in and set up his spot there and eagerly cast his cane pole in that very spot.
Mike and I rolled in the grass laughing. So we spent the next hour or so waiting for a bit and then throwing a huge rock in the most opposite spot of the man we could find and set there and watched him get excited and move all his stuff! Poor old man! We thought it was just dandy at the time and we certainly would have been in a world of trouble if we had been found out. I don't think that man caught one single fish that day.
--Thought this would inspire you to reminisce a bit -- it did for me!
Hope you have a fantastic weekend.
<3
JB
Growing up in the country can be very busy with Saturdays being filled with bailing hay in the Summer and helping gather chopped wood in the Fall. There are always chores to be done with feeding animals and helping in the garden. There are also times where you are left to your imagination and creativity. We didn't have a television for a long time so we spent lots of time outside.
We had a pond down from our house and my Dad often stocked it with fish. We spent a lot of time down at that pond fishing, swimming, avoiding snakes. I can remember neighbors stopping by from time to time to ask if my Dad would mind if they could do a little fishing on our pond. My Dad always told them sure, anytime they wanted they could go fishing.
I remember one Summer day when me and my brother, Mike, had been particularly out of creativity and imagination and were walking down our gravel road trying to pick our brains for something to do. We were walking right by our pond when we spotted an old man sitting on a 5 gallon bucket fishing in our pond. I am not sure who thought of it but I guess it could possibly have been me, but we came up with the idea that we would trick the man into thinking there were really big fish in the pond. We each took a good size rock and would randomly throw the rock far away from the man at the other side of the pond so it made a big splash like a fish was splashing around. I have never seen an old man get so excited or move so fast! He grabbed up all his stuff and his 5 gallon bucket and traipsed around the pond toward where the rock fell in and set up his spot there and eagerly cast his cane pole in that very spot.
Mike and I rolled in the grass laughing. So we spent the next hour or so waiting for a bit and then throwing a huge rock in the most opposite spot of the man we could find and set there and watched him get excited and move all his stuff! Poor old man! We thought it was just dandy at the time and we certainly would have been in a world of trouble if we had been found out. I don't think that man caught one single fish that day.
--Thought this would inspire you to reminisce a bit -- it did for me!
Hope you have a fantastic weekend.
<3
JB
Comments