Wednesday Thoughts

Two days ago, we were out on the front porch in our t-shirts enjoying the sunshine.  Yesterday we were freezing from the snow.  Today, it's raining.  Boy, Mother Nature sure is moody...

Shelby is keeping us busy running to basketball practice and games.  Spencer is super good at helping Daddy work on construction projects at home. 

Haley, well, boys have entered the picture... She is the age where it's ok to date, but Mom's not prepared.  I guess it's normal, but I just have a hard time accepting that anyone is good enough for my Haley.  She doesn't, by any means, have to marry a doctor or a lawyer, but I don't necessarily want her dating a "scrub" either. 

Being a mom in this situation is definitely not something you can plan for.  I don't want her to date someone who lies and/or is not honest.  I don't want her to date someone who doesn't realize how beautiful and smart she is, inside and out.  I don't want her to date someone who might take for granted how trusting and loving she is.  I don't want her to date anyone who will hurt her or make her think she is less than she is.  I want her to be with someone who respects her morals, her ideas, and her dreams, and will do what it takes to support her in them.  (I guess what I am saying is that I want her to find someone exactly like my husband; however, that may be somewhat difficult...)

What's a mom to do?

I guess, with any parenting question, I always go to the Ultimate Parent, my Jesus.  I have spent many hours in prayer asking for guidance with my children, and will continue to.  And I know that He will give me peace, patience, and all I need to get through this.  She's a great person, and I have to trust that we've done a good job enstilling in her the values we hope she looks to prolong.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nada

Christmas Lists