Bond Issue Info

As many of you may know, our community is making some decisions about renovations to our schools that will cost a considerable amount of money, to the tune of nearly 12 million dollars.

Here is a link to an article about the issue via the Chadron Record online.

We have to submit our ballots (mail in) by the 13th of March, and I am still undecided.  I have read the newspaper articles, letters to the editor, I have spoken with past school board members, I have read through the miscellaneous pieces of paperwork that have been passed around by both sides of the issue, and I have spent some time in prayer about it.  I truly have spent some time pondering this issue. I have spoken with people on the street, at church, at the grocery store, at the car wash, and over lunch.


I am struggling with supporting a proposal to spend over $5 million on renovations to our high school, when we could probably build a whole new building for that..., and yet, I know that for years, I've walked down the hallways of our schools, only to see buckets in the middle of the floor to catch the water that is dripping, and see kids in their coats in the classrooms.  I know there are issues with the roof leaking.  I know there are rooms with no heat to speak of. 

I know our schools need work, and they have far exceeded their life expectancy, but I am just not sure that jumping into a bond issue that will cost our taxpayers more money (when our current taxes are exhorbitant as it is, and we live in one of the most impecunious counties in the state, according to reports) over the next 25 years is the answer.  I think there are other ways to remedy this situation.

I do hope you will leave me comments and suggestions and your ideas, too.  I need help making this decision!!!!


To assist you in providing input, I have provided a link to the school's page that has their bond information on the Safe Warm and Dry promotional material.  Click here for that.  I plan to upload some further information as I have time. 

Click here for the article in the Chadron Record online.

Click here to go to Dr. Winchester's interview on Double Q Country discussing the Bond Issue.

We have to have our ballots turned in to the County Clerk's Office by March 13, 2012 at the close of business.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nada

Christmas Lists