First day of fall.

Wow - I can't believe we're already at the first day of fall.  We have been excessively busy, keeping up with Haley's softball games, kids school events, pictures, parent teacher conferences, and more.

Work has been crazy busy, but that's the way I like it.  I don't have time throughout the day to think about all of thing things I should be doing at home, and with the kids, etc.   We have nearly finished softball, and not a moment too soon... We started practice in February!  We are READY to be DONE!

We are settling into the idea that Haley will be sixteen on Monday, but don't have many unconventional ideas for a sweet 16 party, especially considering that her birthday is on a Monday, Homecoming is the weekend before, and we're playing out of town ball games over the weekend, too.  I'm sure we will all figure it out, and things will come together, like they always do.  However, I still am not old enough to have a sixteen year old daughter.... :D

Regardless, she is at that point.  I hope the very small things we get her will suffice to give her memories for the rest of her life, as most 16th birthdays do for young ladies.  I don't know yet what we're doing... but I'm sure she'll enjoy it.

Anyhew.... the kids got their school pictures back already, so I will try to have those posted soon.  Lots going on - building a fence, working on projects for parents, chasing kids, working full time, and more....!  Never a dull moment!

I thought I would try to find something uplifting for a Friday, as I seem to be running low on motivation right now.  (That might have something to do with the fact that I was up til nearly midnight waiting on the softball team to arrive back home.)  Nevertheless, I needed a little pick me up, and here is what I found:

One Sunday morning, the pastor noticed little Alex was staring up at the large plaque that hung in the foyer of the church.



It was covered with names, and small American flags were mounted on either side of it.  The seven-year-old had been staring at the plaque for some time, so the pastor walked up, stood beside the boy, and said quietly, "Good morning, Alex."

"Good morning," replied the young man, still focused on the plaque.

"What is this?" he asked.

"Well, son, it's a memorial to all the young men and women who died in the service."

Soberly, they stood together, staring at the large plaque.

Little Alex's voice was trembling and barely audible when he asked, "Which service, the 9:45 or the 11:15?"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nada

Christmas Lists