10 years ago today....

Don't forget about Cruise Night this Friday!!

CRUISE NIGHT POST with DETAILS

10 years ago TODAY I decided that I was tired of waiting to get married.  After all, we'd announced our engagement nearly 2 years before.  We dated for only a month, and got engaged.  (I guess when you know it's right, you know it's right. :D)

I'd been waiting on some documentation from South Dakota, and it finally arrived in the mail that Tuesday.  We'd talked about all sorts of different times and ways to do our wedding, but since we'd moved to Colorado, we threw out all of our previous wedding plans.

I just decided to see what Jason thought about getting married that coming weekend.  I called him at work, and said, "Hey, babe.  What would you think about getting married on Saturday or Sunday?"  Without hesitation, he said, "Sure!  What'cha thinkin'?"

I said I would call the courthouse in Castle Rock (the county seat) and see what I could put together.  I made a few phone calls, and I found a wonderful gentleman who was able to perform the ceremony on Sunday for the bargain price of $300!  I called Jason back and told him that Sunday was the day! 

We'd done some thinking by the time he made it home from work that afternoon, and both of us had agreed that it would be best to have our siblings, parents, and we'd each pick one friend to invite.  We made arrangements for a cake from the local King Soopers, got some sparkling cider (a great substitute for champagne for folks who don't consume alot of alcohol).  We made the phone calls, and the wheels were set in motion.

So that weekend, despite the fact that neither of our friends we'd chosen could make it, Jason's brother Jerami, my sister Melody and her daughter Ashley, as well as both sets of our parents were there and ready to go.

I walked out of the bedroom with my wedding "dress", and Jason was wearing his "tux".  We looked great in our T-shirts.  HAHA!

It was a beautiful day, and we enjoyed a beautiful drive to Castle Rock, a short half hour drive through beautiful country.  The ceremony was very nice.  We got all the paperwork signed, and we were on our way back home.  While we were in the courthouse, some of our wedding party managed to decorate the vehicles (even their own!), so we made quite a scene leaving, and I'm quite sure those folks we encountered driving through town knew we'd been freshly hitched!

We're staying close to that same crowd for our renewal of vows on Friday.  Just a really simple, but very sincere group of folks who we strongly care about, and we know we can depend on for support (which I realize would be SUCH a bigger group here...!).

We'd really love to see any and all of you this Friday.  Cruise whatever you have, an old car, a new car, a motorcycle, whatever.  And if you can't make it for the cruise at 7pm, come on down to Wreckers Roadhouse to have come cake (and drinks!) around 8pm. 

Come and celebrate the first 10 years of MANY MORE!

Call me (430-1414), comment on my post, Facebook me, or email me (blundells@hotmail.com) with any questions.  Hope to see you all there!  And spread the word ~ invite everybody!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nada

Christmas Lists