A work in progress...

Wow what a busy week.  (I always say that, don't I...?)  It truly has been though.  We started two projects, one a huge sidewalk, and another a big patio.  For other people, of course, so we can make some extra money.  And when we get done, we ought to be all practiced up to pour MY new sidewalk, right?  :D

Haley is done with softball for the year, and though she did enjoy her season tremendously, it ended too soon.  She and her teammates were eliminated during district softball, so we won't be going to state this year.  She has had a really good run, though.  Playing on varsity as a DP (hitter!), she has had some GREAT hits (I was informed that "great" was not a good enough word, it's "EPIC...").  We will lose some super ladies with the seniors this year, but I'm sure there are many girls who are ready to step in and take the ambassador's position to lead the girls next season.

Check out my facebook for photos. (Gramma Dixie -- I will try to get some imported over here soon!)

Shelby and her dance.  Wow.  So much has happened, and I'm not sure what I've blogged, so I will tell you the (short) story.  Last year, she enrolled for the first time.  She has always enjoyed music and dancing, and it was a great fit.  This  year, we decided we probably couldn't afford it, and the instructor had visited with us about it.  She held one of the scholarships that was made available just for Shelby, because as they told me, "She has a FANTASTIC attitude, is very talented, and is a natural.  Typically, we don't allow kids her age to participate in Jazz; we make them wait til middle school.  However, we'd like it if we could get her into our Jazz program immediately."

WOW!  So we went from possibly having NO dance at all, to having dance lessons 3 days a week for less than we were paying last year.  AMAZING.

Spencer's room remodel is next on the list.  Both he and Shelby got bunk beds a couple weeks ago!  Spencer's bed is going to be a raised bed (the top bunk will be a pickup box!), with a roll-up garage door for a closet door, diamond plate metal and black tool handles on his dressers (which will be painted black), and a 'Cars' theme.  Hobby Lobby has had some really cool "Route 66" decor and it is going to be AWESOME!  Can't wait.

Let's see... what else...  Haley's first homecoming was last weekend.  She looked beautiful, and had a great time.  She even made some really good choices about not getting involved with a crowd who ended up getting into trouble later that night.  Makes me a proud momma!  ...We must be doing something right....

Check out all my slide shows (with my blog posts).  I haven't had much time to blog, but I did make up a bunch of slideshows of current goings-on.

I am looking forward to the scrappin retreat comin up in November.  It is so hard to believe that we are almost halfway through October.  Christmas will be here before we know it!!

OH!!!  And Haley is participating in a program to help prepare high school kids for college called "Upward Bound".  They are planning a week long trip to Yellowstone next spring/summer.  They are raising funds toward that goal, and they are giving away A RAPID CITY GETAWAY!!!!!!

HERE ARE THE DETAILS:

...includes gift certificates for: $150 at Fairfield Inn & Suites & Watiki waterpark, $40 for Big Bats Shell, $75 to the Olive Garden restaurant, and $75 for Target!!!!!!! Contact Haley (or me!) or any other Upward Bound program student, and we will get ya hooked up. ~Proceeds to go to... the July 2011 Yellowstone trip for the Upward Bound kids!!!
$5/ticket or 3 tickets for $10. 

We'll be drawing in Mid NOVEMBER, and you do NOT need to be present to win!


 
Hope you have a SUPER-FANTABULOUS weekend, and you can get out and enjoy the sunshine and the lovely fall weather!!!!!!!!!!

Hugs from all of us ~~  Bundles

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nada

Christmas Lists