One foot in front of the other...

Today has been a little chaotic.  (And we're only halfway through the day...)  Haley and I made plans to have lunch and go to a neighbor's house, since our DC Kids food order was in today.  My folks called at 11:15 (when I was supposed to be at the school picking her up for her already short lunch break), and informed me that I HAD to IMMEDIATELY drop everything, come in and drive a load to Crawford, and RIGHT AWAY.

I was not in work clothes; I was in good clothes to be exact. Haley would be standing there waiting for me, would have no way to eat, with no money on her, no wheels to get anywhere.  And after all, I have a life.  I'm trying to keep a family of 5 sane, clean, and somewhat organized.  Plus getting school done.

Evidently, none of that mattered today.

Needless to say, my folks were pissed at me for not being able to drop everything (and not worry about feeding my kids or ruining my good clothes and shoes).  I received an ultimatum, so I went to the plant.  Mom was not very nice, and I overheard my Dad say a few things on the phone I won't soon forget.  So what ended up happening was that Mom was going to take the truck (Note: she has not driven the trucks before, and has no license to do so...), and I was asked to leave anyways.
SO I DID.

I am now at home, I picked up the food from Haley's DC stuff.  It is already counted, sorted, and packed in ice for delivery after school, and I am submitting another quiz via email as we speak.

Money will be tight for a little bit, but if everything goes like it should, with having no more distractions during the day (running errands for people who don't appreciate it anyways), I could  be done with school very shortly.  Possibly even before Christmas.  We'll see.

I will make the best of this situation, as we always do.  I am a proud mommy to be able to be at home when my kids get there at the end of the day, and to be there for my husband as well.  It is an honor to have the family and friends that I do.  And with those folks behind me, (and maybe a glass of wine or two) I will persevere and prosper, as God has planned for me.

Please pray for all who choose to live their life in contempt.  Me, personally, I choose to ENJOY every moment God gives me, and to make the best of it.  After all, LIFE IS TOO SHORT.

Have a great day ~ and know that when I count my blessings, I count you twice. <3

Comments

Trish said…
Oh dear Jess,
Good luck with all of your ventures and always remember that everything happens for a reason and God never gives us more than we can handle with faith in him.
Thanks, T. I have tried to remember this, but in all honesty, after a while, you just kind of feel beaten down. We will continue to pray and put one foot in front of the other. This too, will pass.

Thanks for your words of encouragement. <3
Brandi said…
Thinking of you, Jess! Hang in there! You are an amazing, strong woman, and I know you will be just fine! Hugs to you!
Debbie said…
Oh my, I didn't realize there were some family troubles. I am so sorry for everyone involved, even if you try to put these things behind you they always leave a little sadness and some scars. I will pray that all turns out for you.
Melody Trent said…
Hey Jess!
Hope your week is going well. The assignment we made the blog for is due this week and I wanted to thank you for helping me set it up. You need to check out my blog! It's an A waiting to be graded!

Love you,

Melody

Popular posts from this blog

Nada

Christmas Lists