Thump!

I got a call from the school this morning about 10:30.  Spencer had taken a fall and was bleeding and pale.  Scared, I quickly traded cement trucks with another driver (his was empty, mine wasn't), and I raced over to the school to find my little boy holding gauze and ice to his bleeding ear.

The nurses thought I should take him in and have them glue (like 2nd skin or nu-skin stuff) his skin together, but with further inspection, I decided to take him to the clinic anyways, but was convinced stitches would be necessary.

It was hard to look at at first, because it was painful for Spence, but after Doc got it numbed up a bit, we could manipulate the ear more easily, and could then CLEARLY see he'd punched a hole clear through his ear.  WOW!

I guess he took it literally when I said, "Don't do anything halfheartedly...!"

Anyways, Dr Jerry placed four stitches in the back of the ear, and one on the front, where the cartilage is pierced, merely so the skin can heal properly, and hopefully there won't be much scarring.

He's doing well now, and is a little upset that he can't wear his glasses for a few days, but we had Nurse Shelby and Doctor Jerry, so he was now convinced these two were angels, responsible for saving his little life!  Love it.

He's been hanging out at the plant for the remainder of the day, and I'm not sure what to do with him tomorrow, as he still won't be able to use his glasses, and he needs them for most things.

If anyone has any bright ideas on how to let a 7 year old boy read by using his glasses in some way he won't have to hurt his ear, I will take all the pointers I can get...


Click on the photo below to see the whole thing...It wouldn't fit the page like I'd intended....


Haley is off to her FIRST official regular season game of HIGH SCHOOL softball.  She is on the Junior Varsity Squad, and they were scheduled to play Alliance at 4.  I haven't heard anything yet, but I'm hoping for a win, or at least one hell of a fight!

Tiara, another Freshman parent, shared this photo with me of Haley at her scrimmage game on Monday.  Check out the socks -- they are actually Christmas socks, but we've taken to calling her "Pippi", because they remind me so much of Pippi Longstocking...!  HAHAHA!

They all made custom shirts, decorated by themselves, especially for the scrimmage game.  They all looked great, and it was super to see how each girl's creativity came out in each one.  And a great game was had by all, as well!

Shelby starts DANCE in a few days, and I just got the pictures from her last season's dance group, so I will try to get those posted as well.

Nevertheless...Hope you all have a great weekend, and enjoy the sunshine...Soon we will be cowering inside our homes because the snow is flying!!!!!!!

XXOO
~Bundles

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nada

Christmas Lists