Bull By the Horns

Today, as I posted on facebook, I took the bull by the horns...

Jason has been speaking of aching muscles, poor energy, and a host of other things for a while now. Along with that, his blood pressure has been climbing, slowly as it may be, over the last few years. (VERY slowly.) However, lately, he seems to be declining in energy MUCH faster than he should be.

He's told me for months that I don't need to worry; that I don't need to do anything about it; but even the folks at work are noticing his "lethargy" for lack of a better word.

We took his blood pressure (and do regularly) at the Walmart blood pressure monitor last night. He was at 147/90. His pulse was 63, which is ok. But the systolic/diastolic numbers are both high. At this reading, he is in Stage 1 Hypertension.

So I visited with him a little bit about it last night (and over the past few years) and I still didn't have him talked into going to the doctor. He said he needed to wait until things settled down at work. I finally quit the discussion, because I knew I'd be upset right along with him, as well. This morning, I got up, and he was instantly on my mind again.

I talked with Mom and Dad about it, and posted some things on facebook (thank you all for your kind and thoughtful comments), and finally decided to just get him in! So I called, and we're headed to the doctor early this afternoon.

Please pray that we can figure out what is causing the blood pressure to be elevated, what is giving him pains in his hips, legs, and back, and what is making him so tired all the time. Maybe one of those things is related to his ever-present heartburn.

I can't live without him -- so pray hard!

...*sniff....

Comments

Debbie said…
Oh Jess I am praying that he is ok, it sounds like something that can be taken care of IF he takes care of himself. Good luck, let us know.
beckyw said…
Love you two! Take care of our Fairy Daddy!

Popular posts from this blog

Nada

Christmas Lists