Weather Wonders
So far in the last few weeks, we have experienced all the weather you can fit into one year. Freezing cold, snow, ice, HOT summer days, tornado warnings, hail, wind, rain, and more. What a feat it is to keep up with the weather these days.
Today, though it is sunny, blue sky, and warming up again. We are so grateful that we made it through last night's tornado issues unscathed! The sirens here in town went off 4 times. That's 3 more times than I'd ever heard it in the past...!
My sister, her kids, and I had been watching the storms develop, and they were traveling between 50 and 70 mph straight at us, so we made sure we were prepared. Our cars were garaged and we were all in the basement with radios, food, water, blankets, pillows, cell phones and computers. We come from (originally) further south, where if there is a tornado warning, you don't waste any time, so we were sure to be prepared.
Thankfully, though, everything split up and went around us, and all we managed was some really strong winds, a little rain, a tiny bit of hail, and a few hearts pounding a little faster.
Just north of us, west of us, and south and east of us, we'd heard that there was larger hail, stronger winds (110+mph in the Bluffs), and a few other lovely weather wonders, but we were truly lucky.
God is GOOD!
Let me see. What else am I grateful for today........?
Sunshine, health, green grass, the pool is filled and will be open soon, I ROCKED the national anthem yesterday, even though my throat hurt terribly, AND I got to wear my favorite pair of stiletto boots. What else could a girl need?!?
Hope you have a great week!!
Today, though it is sunny, blue sky, and warming up again. We are so grateful that we made it through last night's tornado issues unscathed! The sirens here in town went off 4 times. That's 3 more times than I'd ever heard it in the past...!
My sister, her kids, and I had been watching the storms develop, and they were traveling between 50 and 70 mph straight at us, so we made sure we were prepared. Our cars were garaged and we were all in the basement with radios, food, water, blankets, pillows, cell phones and computers. We come from (originally) further south, where if there is a tornado warning, you don't waste any time, so we were sure to be prepared.
Thankfully, though, everything split up and went around us, and all we managed was some really strong winds, a little rain, a tiny bit of hail, and a few hearts pounding a little faster.
Just north of us, west of us, and south and east of us, we'd heard that there was larger hail, stronger winds (110+mph in the Bluffs), and a few other lovely weather wonders, but we were truly lucky.
God is GOOD!
Let me see. What else am I grateful for today........?
Sunshine, health, green grass, the pool is filled and will be open soon, I ROCKED the national anthem yesterday, even though my throat hurt terribly, AND I got to wear my favorite pair of stiletto boots. What else could a girl need?!?
Hope you have a great week!!
Comments