Throwaway thursday?

Well, we've made it to Thursday. We're in for a busy weekend, but I'm excited. We're off to see my Grandmas; one on Saturday, and one on Sunday and whenever else we can fit it in. My Mom's family Christmas dinner was rescheduled (because of the tons and tons of snow we had that weekend), and the soonest we could get the majority of the 11 aunts and uncles together was this coming weekend. So, off we go for a ROAD TRIP!!

Grandma L is still not happy where she's at, but is doing nicely. She is accustomed to the idea that she's probably going to be in this nursing home until the end. So, we're progressing in that aspect. She's still worried about her posessions, but we assure her each time we speak that there's no worry; we'll get those things squared away when we can all be there together. Plans are in the works for that now.

Grandma K is soooo independent, and loves living in her little apartment. It's not a nursing home, but has nurses just down the hall if they're needed. Assisted care facilities are soooo good for people like Grandma, who can essentially take care of themself, but just need checking up on occasionally. She has a helper who comes in and cleans, takes care of laundry, etc., and takes her grocery shopping, and has DONE the grocery shopping for Grandma when she doesn't feel well enough to get out and go herself. Thank God for Shari being able to help her in this way!!

We are off to dance tonight, then wrestling, then archery, then umm......sleep? Not sure when we're going to squeeze in dinner, but I've made up sandwiches so we can just eat them on the go. Worst case scenario, we can eat them on the way to the next stop... that's why I call thursdays throwaways, because I can't seem to get anything else done on those days...

But I did have coffee with Beck and Kim today, and what a treat that was!

I also agreed to do the blog posts where you feature the people you love... I might be doing that next week. Time has gotten away from me!

Anyways, the sandwiches are made, the bows are loaded up, the kids are dressed for their sport of choice, and Haley is finishing up her homework. Then we're OFF!!! Have a great weekend!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nada

Christmas Lists