Terrific Tuesday
If you're wondering about the background... I'M READY FOR SPRING!!!!!
--
Well, girls. My first experience with my trainer, Mary Landen, was FANTASTIC! I'm sore today, and tired, but I feel great. I feel skinnier already! I worked so many muscles last night I didn't even know I had! I'm only paying $15 a session, and right now I'm going two days a week. She is expecting her baby in about 5 more weeks, so I will get off to a good start, and I'm working my elliptical on the days I'm not with her.
So that is going great! I came home last night and was almost shaky because I'd worked so hard. We used the medicine balls, and a half-medicine ball called a BOSU, with jump ropes (we didn't jump...), weights, and all kinds of fun stuff.
Furthermore, as usual, I totally have my husband's support. He told me yesterday that if this training is something I feel I need to keep doing for a while, we'll do what we need to in order to make that possible. Nice!!!
Haley even told me yesterday that she was proud of me for not buying a Pepsi when I went in to Bosselman's to pay for gas. I thanked her, and then reminded her that it was easier for me to do it today, while the novelty of the idea of being fit was still here; I would need her to be stern for me later in this process, and to remind me I DON'T NEED IT, even years down the road.
Amazing how much I depend on my kids for strength... Good to know it's a mutual relationship!
--
Well, girls. My first experience with my trainer, Mary Landen, was FANTASTIC! I'm sore today, and tired, but I feel great. I feel skinnier already! I worked so many muscles last night I didn't even know I had! I'm only paying $15 a session, and right now I'm going two days a week. She is expecting her baby in about 5 more weeks, so I will get off to a good start, and I'm working my elliptical on the days I'm not with her.
So that is going great! I came home last night and was almost shaky because I'd worked so hard. We used the medicine balls, and a half-medicine ball called a BOSU, with jump ropes (we didn't jump...), weights, and all kinds of fun stuff.
Furthermore, as usual, I totally have my husband's support. He told me yesterday that if this training is something I feel I need to keep doing for a while, we'll do what we need to in order to make that possible. Nice!!!
Haley even told me yesterday that she was proud of me for not buying a Pepsi when I went in to Bosselman's to pay for gas. I thanked her, and then reminded her that it was easier for me to do it today, while the novelty of the idea of being fit was still here; I would need her to be stern for me later in this process, and to remind me I DON'T NEED IT, even years down the road.
Amazing how much I depend on my kids for strength... Good to know it's a mutual relationship!
Comments