Snowy Saturday

Well, more snow. Just what I really need, actually. I've been home most of the week with sick kids, and part of the week last week for that matter. At least the snow usually means I'm not missing out on much at the plant...

Spence, Shelby and I managed to crawl into the doctor's office Thursday, to find out we've all got strep throat... We're all feeling better, now two days into our antibiotics regimen. I even felt human enough today to venture to WalMart with Jason to get some groceries.

It has been a busy week, nonetheless. (No rest for the wicked.....?)

I started a new bible study (during my lunch hour one day a week) called Uprising. You can be sure you'll be seeing something about that later in my blogs.

Spencer is preparing for his first wrestling meet. Feb 27, the PAC, 9am. Shelby's first dance recital is March 27th, I believe at Memorial Hall at the college. More details on that will be forthcoming.

Haley started playing Farmville on FB, with much persuasion from my Aunt, so those of you who don't play, I apologize...

And I can't have Haley playing and not know what's going on...so I started a small farm too.... :O)

Let's see... we HAD a busy weekend planned, but everybody's sick around here:

Brandi, we're praying for your family - hope the RSV is soon a thing of the past...

Becky, OMGosh... I hope you're well soon!!

Angie -- our prayers are lifted up for you and your baby, and family who may travel to support you in this journey. Addison (hope I spelled that right) is a lucky girl to have a devoted mommy like you, and you will all be home sweet home soon!!

Lisa -- sooo glad you had a great time at the retreat -- now inspire all of us, too! ..... I may need it more than others....!!

I'm sure there are others -- I'm praying for you, too.

And I also have a request: Oelrichs lost a very beloved grandfather recently, Ted Dryden. He was 80, and his family was by his side, but it's never an easy time to lose a loved one. He has quite an extended family (which I was honored to be a part of at one time over a decade ago), and I'm still at least aquaintances with a handful of them. They all need your prayers.

Ok... back to house recovery... I uttered the word "housework" and the kids went running with Jason out to the shop. I guess it must be easier to organize things in the shop than in the house?

Comments

beckyw said…
Loved this post... you are so elequent with words my dear.....
take care and see ya soon!
Debbie said…
Jess, sounds like one busy little family you got there. I am glad everyone is on the mend. I can't believe how many people who have been on the down and out, myself included. Stupid hacking cough keeps me up from what little sleep I do get, however I am up and at em this morning- HOUSEWORK too! Sending prayers to everyone!!

Popular posts from this blog

Nada

Christmas Lists