A Refreshing Compliment
I got a really cool compliment today, and wanted to share it with you.
I'm enrolled in a new Bible study called "Uprising, A Revolution of the Soul", and while we were working through our class materials, we encountered a discussion section that several of us really enjoyed. We are on session 2, entitled "Transformation", which discusses transforming our attitudes... (I know... I need this lesson more than any..!) HA!
Anyways, we were asked to discuss points in our life where we had to make a choice, a big decision, where we either chose not to push forward, and let fear consume us, or to go ahead and push through our fears and into the freedom of the choice we'd made.
My example was related to my ex-family. It was hard for me to share in some ways, because it was a very personal journey, and one attendee of the class (we'll call her Jill) is indirectly related to the ex-family. I didn't go into any long discussion, just simply said that in the days near my divorce and the years following, I pushed him and his family out of the picture. (Or at least didn't bring them up.) It was always an uncomfortable situation when I ran into them. For years I struggled with the pain, frustration and angst, along with a host of other emotions each time I saw them, or a car that looked like his or his folks', each time I saw someone who resembled him or drove a vehicle like his or his folks'. It got better, of course, but I couldn't figure out how to get past being just plain PISSED every time I thought about any of them.
Through the divine blessings of a great God, I met my wonderful husband of nearly 9 years. A few years ago, as many of you know, I was forced against the brick wall with my ex-family, and I'm tellin ya, God and I ran at it with fists of fury. Luckily, at this crux of dealing with my past, God and Jason helped me to have the strength to push forward through my fear of what might happen, and now we are all on speaking terms, and have even had 'family' dinners together.
Ok... The compliment.... I'm getting there.... Jill is someone I hold in high regard. The class leader says to me, "Wow. I'm sure that was a really difficult thing to go through." I said, "Yes it was, but it was an enormous growth experience that I learned alot from."
Jill placed her hand on my arm, and said to the class, "I know it was hard for her. I saw the whole thing." She then looked directly at me, and said, "And you made it look easy."
I'm enrolled in a new Bible study called "Uprising, A Revolution of the Soul", and while we were working through our class materials, we encountered a discussion section that several of us really enjoyed. We are on session 2, entitled "Transformation", which discusses transforming our attitudes... (I know... I need this lesson more than any..!) HA!
Anyways, we were asked to discuss points in our life where we had to make a choice, a big decision, where we either chose not to push forward, and let fear consume us, or to go ahead and push through our fears and into the freedom of the choice we'd made.
My example was related to my ex-family. It was hard for me to share in some ways, because it was a very personal journey, and one attendee of the class (we'll call her Jill) is indirectly related to the ex-family. I didn't go into any long discussion, just simply said that in the days near my divorce and the years following, I pushed him and his family out of the picture. (Or at least didn't bring them up.) It was always an uncomfortable situation when I ran into them. For years I struggled with the pain, frustration and angst, along with a host of other emotions each time I saw them, or a car that looked like his or his folks', each time I saw someone who resembled him or drove a vehicle like his or his folks'. It got better, of course, but I couldn't figure out how to get past being just plain PISSED every time I thought about any of them.
Through the divine blessings of a great God, I met my wonderful husband of nearly 9 years. A few years ago, as many of you know, I was forced against the brick wall with my ex-family, and I'm tellin ya, God and I ran at it with fists of fury. Luckily, at this crux of dealing with my past, God and Jason helped me to have the strength to push forward through my fear of what might happen, and now we are all on speaking terms, and have even had 'family' dinners together.
Ok... The compliment.... I'm getting there.... Jill is someone I hold in high regard. The class leader says to me, "Wow. I'm sure that was a really difficult thing to go through." I said, "Yes it was, but it was an enormous growth experience that I learned alot from."
Jill placed her hand on my arm, and said to the class, "I know it was hard for her. I saw the whole thing." She then looked directly at me, and said, "And you made it look easy."
Comments