A Tiny little Techy!

Not a day goes by that I'm not amazed at what technological advances our world has come up with. And not a day goes by that I don't realize that I need to learn alot more. But yesterday, I got a little reminder that our kids are way (WAY) ahead of us on most of these things.

I got away from work about 3pm yesterday. I had a haircut appointment, and then some errands to run. I got a call, like clockwork, from Shelby's cell phone (the emergency one we keep at the house since we don't have a landline anymore, and she says it's HER phone...). Anyways, I always tell the kids that if I'm not home when they get there, they are to call me immediately upon getting there. So Shelby called me. All is cool.

Then about 20 minutes later, she needed to tell me something. I was in the middle of something at a business downtown, so I didn't answer the phone. She called right back. I answered, made sure nobody was bleeding, and told her I'd call her back when I got done with my current situation. Not 30 seconds later, I get a text message from her. Keep in mind this is NOT something she has done a lot, maybe 3 times when we've asked her to send a text. So she sends me this message that says, "Mommy, Haley is being a butthead..."

I nearly fell over laughing. She was so frustrated, and that was the only way she could tell me. By that time, I was back in my car and headed to my next stop, so I sent her a message back that I would be home in a bit, and she needed to just focus on getting her chores and homework done, and I would take care of Haley when I got home.

Again, 30 seconds pass, and she sends me a message, "I fixed my necklace!"

Well, I guess she is okay now...!

So funny, that when they have something to say, even if we're not available to listen, they're still willing to use whatever avenue they have to get to you. I'm glad cell phones exist, because I think she would've just BURST not being able to tell me that!

A good laugh.

Comments

2Shaye ♪♫ said…
That's so funny, Jess!! BJ loves emailing her grandparents and she can find just about any website she wants, now, by doing a search. I look at her today and try to remember back when I was 6 years old...what types of things I was doing. It's just astounding!

~Shaye
Dillan Family said…
I love it! You are right, if they can't tell you something right away they feel like they will burst. And it's so easy in the age of technology to get ahold of whoever you want whenever you want.

Popular posts from this blog

Nada

Christmas Lists