Money Midnight...
Well, we keep putting off doing certain things we don't want to, like everybody does. But last night, after we got done bowling and stopped at Walmart, I realized there was a bill we hadn't paid that was due tomorrow. So we sat down at the computer at nearly 11:30. We went completely over our bills, and I attempted to get Jason on board with all our numbers. All the bank accounts are reconciled, all the bills are paid, he knows where we stand on money.
I am usually the one who pays the bills, but we're trying to get to where both of us know the money situation all the time. Numbers are MY thing; I can tell you what day of the month all our bills are due and on average how much they're gonna be. It's just that we both need to be involved, and it's hard to find time where BOTH of us can sit down at the same time.
I just hope next time we have time to sit down and talk money that it isn't at nearly midnight! 6am came really early, since we didn't get to bed until after 1:30!!!
Are you the 'money mafia' in your house? Or does your husband take care of the checkbook? Or do you know how to find time to do these things together? It is truly something we are going to have to work HARD at to perfect, I'm sure.
I heard rumors that it is supposed to warm up to the 40s within a few days; I can't wait!!
I am usually the one who pays the bills, but we're trying to get to where both of us know the money situation all the time. Numbers are MY thing; I can tell you what day of the month all our bills are due and on average how much they're gonna be. It's just that we both need to be involved, and it's hard to find time where BOTH of us can sit down at the same time.
I just hope next time we have time to sit down and talk money that it isn't at nearly midnight! 6am came really early, since we didn't get to bed until after 1:30!!!
Are you the 'money mafia' in your house? Or does your husband take care of the checkbook? Or do you know how to find time to do these things together? It is truly something we are going to have to work HARD at to perfect, I'm sure.
I heard rumors that it is supposed to warm up to the 40s within a few days; I can't wait!!
Comments