Grandma

Today, I have another prayer request.

Grandma Leibbrandt is having alot of health issues, as she has for quite some time. She found out earlier this week that her cancer is back, and there is a large lump on her lung, as well as in her brain. She is very saddened by this news, as are we. Doctors are estimating that she has about 6 months left... And she doesn't want to die in THAT NURSING HOME!

She's had conversations with my Dad and my Uncle that she just doesn't want to be HERE when it happens. She can't make it at home, I don't think, because she can't remember to take her medications, she shouldn't be cooking, etc., either. I think more than anything, she is worried about the stuff at the house. She wants to make sure it is divided up as she sees fit. And I can understand her concern with it. However, there's just not a way we can get her there, as the Medicare rules state she can only leave the nursing home for a period of two hours, which would only cover the travel to her home, and back again.

Haley suggested when Mom and Dad were talking about it last night that we take photos of what is in the house, develop them and bring them to Grandma. She can write on the photos what goes where, and we can make sure that happens. That's really a great idea, and I hope we have a chance to try that.

I have heard she's acting out with the staff and the family that's there because she just REALLY needs to know that these things are taken care of, and there's nothing she can do.

I just feel really bad that there is a limited amount of things I can do for her, too, since we're so far away. If I lived closer, I'd do everything I could to make sure she could be at home, if that's what she wanted to do, but there's just no way.

So... please pray for her. She's really in a difficult situation, being so independent for so many years, and now being stuck where she literally can't go anywhere...

Thanks for your prayers and thoughts. And by the way -- if I haven't told you lately... I love ya!

Comments

Dillan Family said…
Sorry to hear about your Grandma.
beckyw said…
Love ya 2 Sweets!
Lisa said…
Oh, Jess that is so sad! :( I am praying for your gma and family.

Popular posts from this blog

Nada

Christmas Lists