Down Home Hospitality
Today I got a bold reminder that the reason I live in this part of the country (and this part of the state!) is because there are just alot of really great people.
There was an older man in the grocery store, 2 people in line ahead of me being checked out. He came up roughly $4 short of what he needed. I hadn't been paying close attention, as I had received a text message on my cell while waiting in line, but the lady between myself and the man being checked out HAD been. She'd overheard the cashier tell the gentleman he was short a little bit. He only had a few groceries in the cart, and didn't look like he 'had much' if you know what I mean.
The lady in front of me, said quickly, "Oh. There's no problem here. I'd be glad to take care of that for you. Here's $5."
The gentleman quickly said thank you, and was quite pleased that she had spoken up, He was insistent on repaying her later. He said, "Ma'am, what's your name?"
She simply said, "Barb."
He said, "Okay, but what's your last name? I want to repay you, so I need to know your last name."
She simply said, "No, no, no. 'Barb' will do. No repayment is necessary."
He kept insisting, and she kept resisting. She wouldn't budge on giving her last name, and so he started asking the folks standing around him if they knew her name. Unfortunately, none of us knew her... so we couldn't help him! (Not that we would've anyways; it was a good deed!)
He ended up walking out of the store today, being helped by someone he'd never met, touched by her generosity, and the rest of us had a little extra spring in our step, knowing that we needed to pass the kindness on wherever we could.
What a treat to have been a part of it!
-----------------------------------------------------------------
SCRAPPERS: My in-laws forwarded me some information on a new "goodie"website. There are some good deals, so check out the link below. They also are taking orders on the new Cricut coming out soon that is specialized for bakers, cake decoraters, etc. It looks pretty neat!
Here's that site: http://www.memorymiser.com/home.html
There was an older man in the grocery store, 2 people in line ahead of me being checked out. He came up roughly $4 short of what he needed. I hadn't been paying close attention, as I had received a text message on my cell while waiting in line, but the lady between myself and the man being checked out HAD been. She'd overheard the cashier tell the gentleman he was short a little bit. He only had a few groceries in the cart, and didn't look like he 'had much' if you know what I mean.
The lady in front of me, said quickly, "Oh. There's no problem here. I'd be glad to take care of that for you. Here's $5."
The gentleman quickly said thank you, and was quite pleased that she had spoken up, He was insistent on repaying her later. He said, "Ma'am, what's your name?"
She simply said, "Barb."
He said, "Okay, but what's your last name? I want to repay you, so I need to know your last name."
She simply said, "No, no, no. 'Barb' will do. No repayment is necessary."
He kept insisting, and she kept resisting. She wouldn't budge on giving her last name, and so he started asking the folks standing around him if they knew her name. Unfortunately, none of us knew her... so we couldn't help him! (Not that we would've anyways; it was a good deed!)
He ended up walking out of the store today, being helped by someone he'd never met, touched by her generosity, and the rest of us had a little extra spring in our step, knowing that we needed to pass the kindness on wherever we could.
What a treat to have been a part of it!
-----------------------------------------------------------------
SCRAPPERS: My in-laws forwarded me some information on a new "goodie"website. There are some good deals, so check out the link below. They also are taking orders on the new Cricut coming out soon that is specialized for bakers, cake decoraters, etc. It looks pretty neat!
Here's that site: http://www.memorymiser.com/home.html
Comments
~Shaye
P.S. I'm going to have to check out your link later this weekend. Sounds like fun!