A busy weekend was had by all at my house. Cabin on Friday night, Rapid City shopping and the Ag banquet on Saturday, and church Sunday morning. We were (at least I was) so tired from all the goings on, I just vegged on the couch most of the afternoon Sunday. The laundry and dishes didn't get done, but I just needed some relax time. Jason and I were making jokes, realizing that we couldn't remember the last time we didn't do anything for most of the weekend, so taking one day to chill out was really OK!
Mom and Dad left yesterday to go down and be with Grandma Leibbrandt, who is just pissed at the world because there's nothing she can do but stay in the nursing home. She is upset that her cancer is back, and upset that she still has assets to divide up, still contained within the walls of her home in Holdrege. I'm hoping they can get her out of there for a while, get a few things lined out, and still be able to get her to go back in when they're finished.
So we're running the plant -- which is nice. Things always go pretty smoothly when Mom and Dad are gone. And it is nice for them to be able to get away for a little bit, even if it is only a day or two.
The only problem is, Mom left a note for me; Inventory. ICKY! Hopefully this afternoon, it will warm up a bit and we can go out and get it done. It's only once a year, and I tell ya, it probably should be required two or three times a year...
Well have a great day, all. Enjoy the warmth -- rumor has it we'll have 40s through the week, and then a cold snap again...
Mom and Dad left yesterday to go down and be with Grandma Leibbrandt, who is just pissed at the world because there's nothing she can do but stay in the nursing home. She is upset that her cancer is back, and upset that she still has assets to divide up, still contained within the walls of her home in Holdrege. I'm hoping they can get her out of there for a while, get a few things lined out, and still be able to get her to go back in when they're finished.
So we're running the plant -- which is nice. Things always go pretty smoothly when Mom and Dad are gone. And it is nice for them to be able to get away for a little bit, even if it is only a day or two.
The only problem is, Mom left a note for me; Inventory. ICKY! Hopefully this afternoon, it will warm up a bit and we can go out and get it done. It's only once a year, and I tell ya, it probably should be required two or three times a year...
Well have a great day, all. Enjoy the warmth -- rumor has it we'll have 40s through the week, and then a cold snap again...
Comments
I'm so sorry to hear about Grandma. That would be awful. :(
Did you get inventory done???