Survival...

Well, we survived the busy weekend, and it was GREAT! I attended the Progressive Dinner with my friends, and let me tell you, we ate some DELICIOUS food and drank some WONDERFUL wine! Thank you to all of you who allowed us to come into your homes, eat your food, and spend time with you. I am honored to be among you.

Angie -- you will definitely have to video your Christmas gift giving. I told Jason about your story, and he was touched by it as well. God's blessings to you on a wonderful Christmas, and safe travels to and from!!

Deb -- your home is beautiful, your company even better. Thank you so much for sharing both. It's clear to me how the Fort's dinner comes out so beautifully each year, with your impeccable taste -- and fantastic crab angels...!!

Brandi -- Thanks so much for bringing your boys along -- Jaxon and Cash are really growing up quickly, and what good kids!

Beck -- Thanks for all the wonderful food -- you and your husband did a great job. The goodie bags were great, too! P.S. - I have bags of clothes for little Miss Meg when I see you again.

Misty -- I can't believe we have to drive 30 miles to see each other when we live 6 blocks apart, but it is soooo good to get to spend time with you. Next time we'll have to road trip together, if it all works out.

Lisa, Phae, Mandy, Trish, and others: we had a great time without you, don't get me wrong, but it just wasn't the same with you not there. Hugs!

It was definitely a "fly by" weekend. Jason's brother Jerami came up and spent the weekend with us. The kids found an XBox game that has some of the old "Atari" and other games we used to play, so that was the entertainment for Daddy, Uncle Jerami, and all the kids for the weekend.

We finally got caught up with a few household chores, and then sat down late Sunday evening to watch a Netflix movie. We had Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium. An interesting movie to say the least. Gotta love Netflix. I get to watch as many movies as we can find time for, and I only pay about $10.00 a month. Check out their website here --> www.netflix.com. We've saved a lot of money not running to the local Mr. Movies, not to mention I'm not sure how many movies we'd rented from Mr. Movies that got returned without being watched because we ran out of time. At least with Netflix, it's there to watch when I'm ready. I mail it back to them, and they send me the next one on my queue. Pretty slick!!

Anyways, it's Monday, so I am going to do a few things around the house, and then I'm locked into studying until the kids get home after school. I hope you all have a good Monday, and thanks again for a great time Saturday!

...maybe I'll wrap some Christmas presents today, too...?

Comments

beckyw said…
J~ Thanks for being such a great friend! We sure had a great time! AND I LOVE MORGAN AND COKE! YUM! But, not on empty stomach! Tee HEE! Now, get back to studing!
Debbie said…
Thanks Jess, I had a great time too. Good food, good wine, the BEST of friends! I am so blessed.
2Shaye ♪♫ said…
Wow, Jess. That sounds like SO much fun! I'm glad y'all had a great time and that you survived your weekend!

Great Netflix plug! We canceled our TV service last year and only use Netflix now (except for the occasional trip to Mr. Movies for a very special "surprise" movie night -- usually their Monday .99 deal). But on NF, we often do live streaming and just hook our computer up to our TV screen. There are lots of instant movies and TV series on that list and it continues to change each month! Oh, then don't get me started on hulu.com Both are really so very easy for watching TV shows or movies.

By the way, I happened to deeply appreciate Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium. I know it's unique and totally dances to its own drum, but it really resonated with me and much of my life experiences. I serious cry any time I see it!! ::blushing::

~xoxo~
Trish said…
I finished wrapping presents yesterday and boy did it feel amazing. I hope that it will work for me to go to the progressive dinner next year! Take care, Trish
The Clamors said…
Jess,
It was a great time Saturday night. I will let you know how my gift giving goes :) Have a Merry Christmas!
Trish -- we'll hold you to that!!

Popular posts from this blog

Nada

Christmas Lists