A Band-Aid
A few weeks ago, during the children's sermon at church, our intern was in charge of the children's message. Miss Angie, originally from Hay Springs, plans to go to seminary soon. She has had several REALLY good messages, but this one a few weeks ago I really liked. I had no idea what an impact it would have on me.
She told a story of how when she got cut once, she used a band-aid to cover her wound, and it healed the cut and got rid of the pain. Long story short, she gave all of the kids a band-aid that she had written in permanent marker JESUS on every one.
She told the kids that the next time they get hurt, and they need a band-aid to use this one, as it will remind them that Jesus is the one who heals them.
Yesterday afternoon, I got a call from my sister. She was obviously upset, and sounded like she could have been crying. She asked me if I could use some company, and I had just come home from work, so said, "Absolutely." She said she'd be over, and she needed a big hug and a glass of tea.
She got here and told me that her and her husband are going through some really difficult stuff, and she's having a really hard time with it. She was crying as she told us some of the things she's been dealing with. We sat and listened, and did our best to offer support.
All of a sudden, Shelby, with all her heart of gold, disappears into her bedroom, and reappears a moment later. She very calmly walked up to her Aunt Mel and handed her the band-aid she'd received from Angie a few weeks back. She gave Mel a hug, and told her, "Angie said to save this for a time when you're really hurting, and so I want you to have it, Aunt Mel."
*****WE CRIED! WHAT AN AMAZING KID!*****
In other news, my mother-in-law called me this morning to tell me that her brother-in-law, Jason's Uncle Ray who lives in Oklahoma, passed away. He's been suffering from (I believe) Parkinsons, among other things. Please pray for everyone affected by his death, and those who will undoubtedly make the trip to be with his family.
She told a story of how when she got cut once, she used a band-aid to cover her wound, and it healed the cut and got rid of the pain. Long story short, she gave all of the kids a band-aid that she had written in permanent marker JESUS on every one.
She told the kids that the next time they get hurt, and they need a band-aid to use this one, as it will remind them that Jesus is the one who heals them.
Yesterday afternoon, I got a call from my sister. She was obviously upset, and sounded like she could have been crying. She asked me if I could use some company, and I had just come home from work, so said, "Absolutely." She said she'd be over, and she needed a big hug and a glass of tea.
She got here and told me that her and her husband are going through some really difficult stuff, and she's having a really hard time with it. She was crying as she told us some of the things she's been dealing with. We sat and listened, and did our best to offer support.
All of a sudden, Shelby, with all her heart of gold, disappears into her bedroom, and reappears a moment later. She very calmly walked up to her Aunt Mel and handed her the band-aid she'd received from Angie a few weeks back. She gave Mel a hug, and told her, "Angie said to save this for a time when you're really hurting, and so I want you to have it, Aunt Mel."
*****WE CRIED! WHAT AN AMAZING KID!*****
In other news, my mother-in-law called me this morning to tell me that her brother-in-law, Jason's Uncle Ray who lives in Oklahoma, passed away. He's been suffering from (I believe) Parkinsons, among other things. Please pray for everyone affected by his death, and those who will undoubtedly make the trip to be with his family.
Comments