4 letter words...

Ok. I know when you read the title of this blog, you were thinking I'd rattle off some swear words, but those weren't the four letter words I had in mind. I was talking more along the lines of SNOW, COLD, NEED HEAT, WIND, ICEY, BRRR... sorry, some were a stretch...

We have so much snow right now there is a drift that stands higher than the bottom of our back door, which is 3 feet off the ground. There is snow at the bottom of the door, up to about a foot. Near as I can tell, that's about 4 feet of snow. I know we don't have that much accumulation, but the wind has gathered it all up in the places we need to shovel, now. It's hard to believe, but my front porch goes all the way out to the street, or at least the drift does, at the same height!

Thankfully, we are here at home and warm. We all got spoiled for Christmas, so we are enjoying our gifts. Poor Jason has been out doing snow removal all morning, so I'm hoping he'd want to come in and warm up for a while, but during these times, he likes to take his pickup and a chain or rope, and plow through the snow to help those folks who are stuck in the snow and can't get their car out. We helped some folks last winter who were out in the 50 mile per hour winds and -10 degree weather, and one fool was in a light jacket, trying to push his girlfriend's station wagon out. We hooked onto her car, pulled her out, and gave him a hot cup of cocoa to warm up. She made it home, after we pulled her out 3 more times within 5 blocks to get her to the front door of her place! He really loves helping people, and it makes him feel good.

The kids and I were talking about the fact that Dad always likes to do that, and he'd no more than stepped in the door, and was already talking about going back out to help others.

Well, my fingers are freezing -- I think it's all in my head, cause my house is nice and toasty, but it just looks SOOOO cold outside!

Stay warm, everyone!

Comments

Debbie said…
He is a sweeite for doing that. Once I stopped to help an old gentleman get un-stuck out of the snow all the while cars, pickups, BN trucks drove past watching him and I struggle. We did get it out and I was glad I helped but lost a little faith in humanity that day. I'm sure Jason knows this but God blesses those who help others.
The Clamors said…
I knew the word was SNOW!!!! LOL, but not all the others :) I guess we left the blizzard behind huh. We did get some snow dust here Christmas Eve, it was quite beautiful considering we don't get too much of it in this part of MO., it's usually just ice, which it quite beautiful but it definitely keeps you inside & usually with no electricity!!!!

We had a wonderful/blessed Christmas & I pray you all did too. Oh...Justin LOVED, LOVED, LOVED his ring, he honestly couldn't quit staring at it on his hand :) I was able to get it inscribed "always together ~ never lost" Ahhh....what a blessed Christmas :) TTYL.

Popular posts from this blog

Nada

Christmas Lists