2 more days... & an elevator fire...

Well, folks. It's pretty much here. Whether you're ready or not! And it sounds like we may have a white Christmas!!

I want you to know I am praying for all of you. I don't worry, I just pray. I know that many of you and/or your families will be traveling this Christmas. I pray that you safely arrive at your destination, and are safe on your trip home, as well. I'm moderately concerned about the weather -- my NOAA weather radio went off at 4am to tell us what we're in for over the next 3 or 4 days, and it sounds like SNOW, SNOW, SNOW! Don't get me wrong, I love a white Christmas, but it actually sounds like we may end up with A LOT of snow!

Anyhew, I managed to get Christmas cards out. I counted up how many I used to send (when I got around to it....) and there are nearly 80... Now thanks to internet, facebook, blogs, etc., as well as hand-delivering, I only mailed 30, and will be handing out about 30 more. Not bad.

Today is also the last day to register for the drawing at chadronconcreteandblock.com -- check it out right away to register for your ham, turkey or gift certificate!!

This morning, we had a huge elevator fire -- these photos I stole from a friend of mine, Chris's facebook. She got some great shots!

About 6 am what the fire looked like

What the fire looked like around 7:15am

A view from the school on the north side of town

A little before 8 what it looked like, after things were settling down. Thank GOD for our firefighters. There are massive fuel storage tanks just a few hundred feet from this fire... the surrounding neighborhood was evacuated for a short time, but all is well, and everyone was allowed to go home.

I guess that serves as our reminder that things could really be a lot worse, no matter what you're facing!

I hope none of the firefighters were injured in their service this morning. Our thoughts are with the family of those fighting the fire, too!

Comments

Debbie said…
Oh Jess that is scary, such a big fire and at this time of the year. Hope all is well and everyone is safe. I too pray for those who are traveling and those who are alone or have lost someone this Christmas.

Popular posts from this blog

Nada

Christmas Lists