Home Sweet Home
We are home from our little getaway. We finally got back from RC about 7pm, and ran out to my folks' place to pick up the kids. They had a great time, got to go see A Christmas Carol at the theatre, and got pretty wired when we finally returned.
Jason and I stayed overnight up there, and finished our Christmas shopping!! YAY!!! No more stress for the remainder of the year on what we need to get lined up!!
It was also a great couple of days for Jason and I. We ate at the Olive Garden, one of the things considered a "treat" during those trips. It was also nice to have some time to shop without hearing the kids whine about how many things we DONT buy for them. I'm sure we're not the only ones who feel that way, but I can't tell you how refreshing it was to just be able to walk through stores, hold my husband's hand, and enjoy browsing!!
We did manage however, to spend most of our Christmas funds, and it's likely that we'll allocate the rest to the stocking stuffers, so I'm happy. I also got a laptop while we were there -- Mom had given me hers, and it's about 10 years old, really slow, and when we attempted to get upgrades to make it last longer, they told me it was SOOO old that we couldn't even get RAM to put in it. Booo hoooo on them, I said. But after much debate and deliberation, we realized that I really need one so I can be where I need to be and still be able to study (and work!) even when we're on the road, etc. I've been looking into them for months, and I got a great buy on a DELL, and so far (the whole 4 hours), I have been tickled with it!
We also made the obligatory trip to Cabelas... Jason finally found what he'd wanted to use up the remainder of the money he had left on a gift card, and that was the first time I had been in that particular store. They are all the same, I guess, but I still enjoy the miniscule differences in decor, flooring, etc. (I know... what a goober...)
The kids found out the hotel we stayed at had a pool, and just couldn't believe we didn't swim in it at all. We told them we shopped so much we'd likely have drowned from exhaustion!! AND THAT WAS NO LIE!
Nevertheless, we are home again, and glad to be sleeping in our own bed again. Back to school tomorrow -- and I've somehow got to figure out how to successfully wrap and re-hide the gifts we bought in a secure location... that's the only bad thing about shopping so early!! I guess I will be working on that while the kids are at school!
Hopefully, the weather will hang on for a few more days; I'm loving this fall weather after the winter snows; I just can't keep up with the changes!! Have a great week, everyone!
Jason and I stayed overnight up there, and finished our Christmas shopping!! YAY!!! No more stress for the remainder of the year on what we need to get lined up!!
It was also a great couple of days for Jason and I. We ate at the Olive Garden, one of the things considered a "treat" during those trips. It was also nice to have some time to shop without hearing the kids whine about how many things we DONT buy for them. I'm sure we're not the only ones who feel that way, but I can't tell you how refreshing it was to just be able to walk through stores, hold my husband's hand, and enjoy browsing!!
We did manage however, to spend most of our Christmas funds, and it's likely that we'll allocate the rest to the stocking stuffers, so I'm happy. I also got a laptop while we were there -- Mom had given me hers, and it's about 10 years old, really slow, and when we attempted to get upgrades to make it last longer, they told me it was SOOO old that we couldn't even get RAM to put in it. Booo hoooo on them, I said. But after much debate and deliberation, we realized that I really need one so I can be where I need to be and still be able to study (and work!) even when we're on the road, etc. I've been looking into them for months, and I got a great buy on a DELL, and so far (the whole 4 hours), I have been tickled with it!
We also made the obligatory trip to Cabelas... Jason finally found what he'd wanted to use up the remainder of the money he had left on a gift card, and that was the first time I had been in that particular store. They are all the same, I guess, but I still enjoy the miniscule differences in decor, flooring, etc. (I know... what a goober...)
The kids found out the hotel we stayed at had a pool, and just couldn't believe we didn't swim in it at all. We told them we shopped so much we'd likely have drowned from exhaustion!! AND THAT WAS NO LIE!
Nevertheless, we are home again, and glad to be sleeping in our own bed again. Back to school tomorrow -- and I've somehow got to figure out how to successfully wrap and re-hide the gifts we bought in a secure location... that's the only bad thing about shopping so early!! I guess I will be working on that while the kids are at school!
Hopefully, the weather will hang on for a few more days; I'm loving this fall weather after the winter snows; I just can't keep up with the changes!! Have a great week, everyone!
Comments