Wonders Never Cease

Wow, what a day of surprises.

Spencer told me about 15 minutes before school that he was the student of the day today, and he'd really like to have some cookies to give to his classmates in celebration of the festive event. Oh, yes... Part the waters, Moses... Let me bake you some cookies. NOT!

I looked through the cabinets, which I am in dire need of a grocery run to fill them up, and couldn't come up with any quick cookies I could throw together before work.

So, I sadheartedly went to the office. I figured Mom had some things at the plant I could use. However, the floodgates of "I need concrete before the snow flies" were opened this morning, and I wasn't able to get them made.

Grandma Elaine wasn't going to have her grandson go without something he wanted, ya know... bein a Grandma and all... so she slipped me some cash and told me to run down to the Cakes, Etc. shop and get him some cookies! I did and when I delivered them to his classroom, he proudly said, "Mom, you and Grandma ROCK!!!"

Later today, when I went to pick up the kids from school, my sister walked right up to the car and started talking to me. Apologies came first, and we had some coffee and conversation at the house, so I could have some time with my neice and nephew I had dearly missed. She apologized to Haley, as well,which was very much in order, if you know what I mean. So, we have taken a step forward. I'm not sure how far forward, but as with all things, we will go one day at a time.

Just as Mel was getting ready to leave, Jason came home from work early, and planted our two new trees in the front yard. WOW! If it doesn't snow tomorrow, I'm not sure what it is going to take!!

One day at a time...

Oh -- the bling on my blog are just pictures -- look for pictures that are in the .png format... go to http://www.office.microsoft.com for some great clip art. Check it out!

JB

Comments

The Clamors said…
Spencer is right, Mom's and Grandma's do Rock! Especially our own huh ;)
beckyw said…
YEA!!!!! It snowed!

Popular posts from this blog

Nada

Christmas Lists