Whizzin' by Wednesday
We loaded up some of Grandpa & Grandma Claussen's furniture that we laid claim to before the auction. I now have a beautiful oak dresser with a mirror, and a Hoosier cabinet, both of which my father-in-law restored back to original condition many years ago. I am so proud and honored to have been chosen to receive these precious pieces of their home.
The Hoosier cabinet was where Grandma kept her pans/cookie sheets/other kitchen necessities, that she used to make oatmeal raisin cookies for all her kids, grandkids, and great grandkids, peppernuts for our entire family each Christmas, and bread of every kind for church gatherings. What memories are stored up inside this cabinet, which will now call my kitchen home. WOW!!!
I've got some rearranging to do to get these new pieces put into their places, and once I do, I will post pictures. They fit so well in our home, being a beautiful honey oak color! I'm excited!
Haley's volleyball team played St. Agnes last night and tied -- long story... The A team played and won, in a close match. Haley has been involved in the setters position this year, as well as spiking, and she has done a good job!!
Tonight is bowling, and Shelby can't help but remind me that "TOMORROW IS DANCE, MOMMY!" She has waited a long time to be involved with dance, and she is loving her lessons. I'm glad!
Spence brought home some reading from school -- he read it so quickly, and then tossed it aside. He said, "Mommy, lets get a real book to read. Those ones from school are WAAAAYYY too easy!" What a great kid!
The Hoosier cabinet was where Grandma kept her pans/cookie sheets/other kitchen necessities, that she used to make oatmeal raisin cookies for all her kids, grandkids, and great grandkids, peppernuts for our entire family each Christmas, and bread of every kind for church gatherings. What memories are stored up inside this cabinet, which will now call my kitchen home. WOW!!!
I've got some rearranging to do to get these new pieces put into their places, and once I do, I will post pictures. They fit so well in our home, being a beautiful honey oak color! I'm excited!
Haley's volleyball team played St. Agnes last night and tied -- long story... The A team played and won, in a close match. Haley has been involved in the setters position this year, as well as spiking, and she has done a good job!!
Tonight is bowling, and Shelby can't help but remind me that "TOMORROW IS DANCE, MOMMY!" She has waited a long time to be involved with dance, and she is loving her lessons. I'm glad!
Spence brought home some reading from school -- he read it so quickly, and then tossed it aside. He said, "Mommy, lets get a real book to read. Those ones from school are WAAAAYYY too easy!" What a great kid!
Comments