Late Night Lingo
Well, if you're reading the time I posted this, you'll probably do a double-take. Yes it is 2:08 AM--I started working on my computer about 4 hours ago. I've been having some Internet Explorer issues, and having problems with my financial software backup, so I just decided that after I balanced the checkbook and paid some bills, I'd just fix those problems.
WELL! Here I am working late into the night (or early, as it would seem), but I think I've finally gotten somewhere. It's quiet at our house, so I can work without interruptions, and that's helped out alot!!
I also (while I was waiting on some software info to come up) found some nifty extras for my blog. I will get around to placing more of those on the blog -- so keep checking back. Not sure if I like them as of yet-- I'll let you know!
Haley's team won their volleyball game tonight (Tues); she's been a setter this year, and she's doing well. I'm glad she's got volleyball to keep her focus off boys... Yeah. Good luck with that!
After school got out today, I made sure Haley had everything she needed for her game and sent her on her way on the bus. When I picked up Spence and Shelby, Jason had brought a load of concrete over to the school (for the new bus barn), so we talked to the crew a little bit, and Spence rode back in the truck with Daddy. Shelby decided at that particular point in time that it was her day to spend some quality time with Momma. (Which for an 8 year old means hot fudge sundaes at McDonalds, and playing at the park near our house!!!)
So we hung out at McDonalds and visited with some local folks, and then headed home to pick up our dog Laney to take her to the park with us. Shelby and Spence had named clumps of shrubs and trees their "house", the "garage", the "kitchen", etc. So I took pictures of each of those as she gave me the grand tour -- I will try to get a slideshow posted with those photos -- too funny what our kids can come up with, isn't it?!?!?!? She had everything named down to the bedrooms, a drive-thru coffee shop, hotel, the farmers' market (for fresh fruits and veggies, of course!), and even bunk beds in the guest house. I'm giggling just thinking about how excited she was to share it with me!!!
WELL! Here I am working late into the night (or early, as it would seem), but I think I've finally gotten somewhere. It's quiet at our house, so I can work without interruptions, and that's helped out alot!!
I also (while I was waiting on some software info to come up) found some nifty extras for my blog. I will get around to placing more of those on the blog -- so keep checking back. Not sure if I like them as of yet-- I'll let you know!
Haley's team won their volleyball game tonight (Tues); she's been a setter this year, and she's doing well. I'm glad she's got volleyball to keep her focus off boys... Yeah. Good luck with that!
After school got out today, I made sure Haley had everything she needed for her game and sent her on her way on the bus. When I picked up Spence and Shelby, Jason had brought a load of concrete over to the school (for the new bus barn), so we talked to the crew a little bit, and Spence rode back in the truck with Daddy. Shelby decided at that particular point in time that it was her day to spend some quality time with Momma. (Which for an 8 year old means hot fudge sundaes at McDonalds, and playing at the park near our house!!!)
So we hung out at McDonalds and visited with some local folks, and then headed home to pick up our dog Laney to take her to the park with us. Shelby and Spence had named clumps of shrubs and trees their "house", the "garage", the "kitchen", etc. So I took pictures of each of those as she gave me the grand tour -- I will try to get a slideshow posted with those photos -- too funny what our kids can come up with, isn't it?!?!?!? She had everything named down to the bedrooms, a drive-thru coffee shop, hotel, the farmers' market (for fresh fruits and veggies, of course!), and even bunk beds in the guest house. I'm giggling just thinking about how excited she was to share it with me!!!
Comments