We are enjoying the nice morning. We were up early, cause Jason had to work at the plant this morning. Matt, Andy, and Megan were here about 8am, and I had nearly finished mowing. I threw a load of dishes in, sorted and washed some laundry, picked up a little bit, and plan to enjoy the remainder of the day with the Wendland kids. Haley took all the kids over to the park to play for a while.
We are nearing completion on the patio project at our friends' place. It is all formed, and mostly ready to pour the concrete, after we bring in some more fill and grade it. YAY! We've also rescued a couple of salamanders from the concrete plant and taken them out to the creek at these same friends' house. They are flourishing in their more suited environment. I think they probably made it from a sand pit somewhere in a load of rock or sand; we felt good about returning them to an environment more similar to the one they came from. (I did take some pictures, but I haven't had time to pull them off my Blackberry, yet!!)
Anyhew -- school supplies are purchased, and ready to be put into their backpacks. I still can't believe we're just 5 days out from starting school again!
OH! And the best news. Jason and I have been making $600+ car payments each month, in an effort to pay it off early. We're not there yet, but we refinanced with the credit union, knocked our interest rate down over 3 percentage points, and nearly cut our required payment in HALF! We will be paying the same payment, or somewhere close to it, anyways, so we can have it paid off sooner (probably within a year), and then all we have left for debt is the HOUSE!!!! YAYAYAYAYAYAY! And the Credit Union is where we got the loan!!
Of course for those of you who know about Financial Peace University, you will understand that we will be saving up to pay CASH for the next vehicle...! What a great feeling!
Happy, happy, Joy, joy!
We are nearing completion on the patio project at our friends' place. It is all formed, and mostly ready to pour the concrete, after we bring in some more fill and grade it. YAY! We've also rescued a couple of salamanders from the concrete plant and taken them out to the creek at these same friends' house. They are flourishing in their more suited environment. I think they probably made it from a sand pit somewhere in a load of rock or sand; we felt good about returning them to an environment more similar to the one they came from. (I did take some pictures, but I haven't had time to pull them off my Blackberry, yet!!)
Anyhew -- school supplies are purchased, and ready to be put into their backpacks. I still can't believe we're just 5 days out from starting school again!
OH! And the best news. Jason and I have been making $600+ car payments each month, in an effort to pay it off early. We're not there yet, but we refinanced with the credit union, knocked our interest rate down over 3 percentage points, and nearly cut our required payment in HALF! We will be paying the same payment, or somewhere close to it, anyways, so we can have it paid off sooner (probably within a year), and then all we have left for debt is the HOUSE!!!! YAYAYAYAYAYAY! And the Credit Union is where we got the loan!!
Of course for those of you who know about Financial Peace University, you will understand that we will be saving up to pay CASH for the next vehicle...! What a great feeling!
Happy, happy, Joy, joy!
Comments
HGUS!