Terrific Tuesday
The sun is shining, the sky is blue, our kids are happy and healthy, we have great friends and family, life is good. Ya know?!??!
We're pretty much ready to pour concrete on our project -- which means that soon, we will be free from more financial woes for a bit longer. With the money we'll earn, we'll reestablish our emergency fund (which a summer of unexpected expenses has nearly wiped out), and catch up a few things we've been putting off.
Mom and Dad are hosting a party some time next month, too. So much of our time after we're done with the project we're working on will be spent at their house painting, trimming, landscaping, etc. for preparations that are long overdue. Mom's been asking for landscaping to be completed since they moved out there nearly 6 years ago! It will be nice for her to have all those little details completed!!
Also -- I'm looking for some answers for a friend. My friend has a back patio partially made of bricks, and when it rains, she is frustrated that the sand/dirt etc. used to lay the brick makes a muddy mess on the brick's surface. So, basically she is looking for something different, i.e. a grout of some kind or sealer, to seal off the area, and not have the mud each time it rains. Anybody got any ideas? I'm googling it right now, and have left messages with masons we work with at the plant, but I'm open for any ideas you might have, or even better might have used yourself!
We sorted out all the school supplies yesterday, and placed the items in our backpacks, ready to go to school on Thursday. Now, we just need a few more school clothes (and those can wait if necessary...), and we'll be set to go!
Hope your kids are ready for school to kick off again-- I think the kids at our house are ready, but I know for sure that the parents aren't! Did we have a summer? Where did it go?!??
We're pretty much ready to pour concrete on our project -- which means that soon, we will be free from more financial woes for a bit longer. With the money we'll earn, we'll reestablish our emergency fund (which a summer of unexpected expenses has nearly wiped out), and catch up a few things we've been putting off.
Mom and Dad are hosting a party some time next month, too. So much of our time after we're done with the project we're working on will be spent at their house painting, trimming, landscaping, etc. for preparations that are long overdue. Mom's been asking for landscaping to be completed since they moved out there nearly 6 years ago! It will be nice for her to have all those little details completed!!
Also -- I'm looking for some answers for a friend. My friend has a back patio partially made of bricks, and when it rains, she is frustrated that the sand/dirt etc. used to lay the brick makes a muddy mess on the brick's surface. So, basically she is looking for something different, i.e. a grout of some kind or sealer, to seal off the area, and not have the mud each time it rains. Anybody got any ideas? I'm googling it right now, and have left messages with masons we work with at the plant, but I'm open for any ideas you might have, or even better might have used yourself!
We sorted out all the school supplies yesterday, and placed the items in our backpacks, ready to go to school on Thursday. Now, we just need a few more school clothes (and those can wait if necessary...), and we'll be set to go!
Hope your kids are ready for school to kick off again-- I think the kids at our house are ready, but I know for sure that the parents aren't! Did we have a summer? Where did it go?!??
Comments
Your positive attitude is so refreshing! I love that about you!! I am glad everything is going so well. It sounds like you are smokin' down the right track! Hope to see you soon! Just wanted you to know I was checking in on ya! :o)
~Misty