Simply Soaring!

Gonna be soaring through the first day of school, of course!!!

We are all set. We spent the day doing some little things around the house that we've been putting off, and in preparation for our first day of school, I left work early, and we just spent the afternoon getting everything ready.

All of our clothes are laid out, bags are packed and placed neatly by the front door, everybody's had a haircut, our pencils are all sharpened (10 dozen altogether!), we're in bed on time (or pretty close), and I think we should be able to soar through our first day of school. I always dread the first day of school for the kids, only for the simple reason that there is always a ton of paperwork for us to fill out. It usually takes me an entire evening just to fill out all their paperwork. Eeeeekk!

Spencer spoke with one of his classmates, Katelyn, tonight, and she was as wired as he was. Sooo cute! Shelby was literally jumping up and down with excitement, and Haley as usual, is cool and calm -- but I know she's excited. Many times this summer have I heard her mention that some of the friends she'd been missing just hadn't made it to the pool or the park, or anywhere SHE was! She'd just been wishing she'd run into one of them! I remember looking forward to the social experience of it all, too. So I can relate -- but she's much more relaxed than I was. What a great kid!

I also had to share with you something that I had recently experienced. Most of you know that I am obsessed with my husband (obsessed might not even be the right word...). I just feel tremendously fortunate that I have the wonderful man I do. I just occasionally forget that he feels as fortunate...

Ok. So, we were working on the patio project, and the owner's dogs are super sweet. The youngest one, a golden retriever named "Drake" & I have developed a strong relationship. He's about a year old. When I show up, he will simply hang around. He plays fetch with me, brings me sticks to throw, and is just a really nice puppy. He's even climbed in the back of the pickup with me as I was shoveling a load or two of crushed concrete. Drake nearly choked to death once while we were out working, and I was able to dislodge a piece of foam he'd had caught in his throat after he'd nearly collapsed, not being able to breathe. So yeah, we'd BONDED!

So here we are, Jason and I, working diligently to pack and grade the patio area. I had shoveled literally 10 tons of this material throughout the whole project, and I was tired. I sat down on the railing of the pickup bed for a moment, and Drake jumped up in the truck with me. He just sat down beside my feet, and looked up at me. I pet him for a while, scratched his belly, and he licked my cheek. What a sweetie, right?!? So I say to him, "Drake, you're such a good dog. I think you're my new best friend."

Jason stops... ...looks up at me, and says, "Hey, now! That job is already taken!!"

...Ain't it nice to be reminded how much we are loved?!!?
Just a thought for your Thursday -- hope you feel as lucky as I do!

Comments

The Clamors said…
I sure hope the kids had a blast at school the 1st day, can't wait to see pics.

How is Spence feeling? What did the dr. say? Sure hope he's fine.

Take a looksie at my blog when you getta sec., k? ttyl.
beckyw said…
Whats wrong with our lil' Spence-y??? Glad you guys are about to finish you project, then we can have some fun, huh????

Popular posts from this blog

Nada

Christmas Lists