Where am I Wednesday...?
We have been running like mad men, again (still...). I took some photos of some really nasty looking clouds that showed up while Shelby was playing in Gordon last night -- but I forgot my cell phone card reader at home, so I will post those for you later. Bottom line, it looked like hail and worse, and we lucked out, with only rain. Jason was watching the clouds online from home and keeping me posted, so we knew that as the game was ending (the girls were shaking hands) and we needed to hit the road for home. We managed to cut right through when the hail, etc. had broke for a bit. We drove in super high winds (upwards of 60 mph), and then LOTS AND LOTS of lightning, but NO HAIL DAMAGE ON MY CAR!!! Woohoo!!
Shelby and her team played a great game. She typically plays in the pitcher's position, and last night she didn't disappoint. She caught a couple hits for some outs, made some great plays at first and home, and hussled her little behind off. She really is a great ball player. We ended up winning by about 5 runs, so we are off to a good start in the winner's bracket. We haven't heard yet today when or where we'll be playing for Shelby's next game, but we'll be spending most of the evening in Gordon for Haley's tournament. Her group is doing more of a pool play like we've done in volleyball, so if I understand it, the tourney will be completed tonight. Yay for no more traveling!! The girls are both really enjoying softball, and we wouldn't have it any other way!
We have gotten so much rain in the past few days, for the month (June) we are at over 4.5 inches. Not bad considering our area only averages about 13-15 inches of rainfall in a year. Our yard is SOOOOOO green. I'm loving it. I just wish the hail would quit beating up my flowers!!!
We are making the final few preparations for our trip to North Dakota next week. We will be taking our camper, since I can cook our meals instead of staying in a motel and eating out for 4 days... we love spending time in our camper, so the kids are psyched about it!! I don't think they're looking forward to the drive, though...
Well it's getting mighty close to dinner for the crew -- we're off and running for the day again. Busy is the way we like it, I guess. Hope you are all having a good week -- the weatherman says we're up for another round of nasty this afternoon -- be safe.
Shelby and her team played a great game. She typically plays in the pitcher's position, and last night she didn't disappoint. She caught a couple hits for some outs, made some great plays at first and home, and hussled her little behind off. She really is a great ball player. We ended up winning by about 5 runs, so we are off to a good start in the winner's bracket. We haven't heard yet today when or where we'll be playing for Shelby's next game, but we'll be spending most of the evening in Gordon for Haley's tournament. Her group is doing more of a pool play like we've done in volleyball, so if I understand it, the tourney will be completed tonight. Yay for no more traveling!! The girls are both really enjoying softball, and we wouldn't have it any other way!
We have gotten so much rain in the past few days, for the month (June) we are at over 4.5 inches. Not bad considering our area only averages about 13-15 inches of rainfall in a year. Our yard is SOOOOOO green. I'm loving it. I just wish the hail would quit beating up my flowers!!!
We are making the final few preparations for our trip to North Dakota next week. We will be taking our camper, since I can cook our meals instead of staying in a motel and eating out for 4 days... we love spending time in our camper, so the kids are psyched about it!! I don't think they're looking forward to the drive, though...
Well it's getting mighty close to dinner for the crew -- we're off and running for the day again. Busy is the way we like it, I guess. Hope you are all having a good week -- the weatherman says we're up for another round of nasty this afternoon -- be safe.
Comments
I snapped a cool shot last night of the wicked clouds, but then my camera died. DIED! I'm not sure what we'll do. It's coming on again today, but for the last couple days it's been acting all funky. :sniff, sniff: I guess it's time to start budgeting for a new one. Argh!
Hope you guys have a blast in the camper. We've been looking for something in our price range--a pop-up, preferably because of gas mileage. Let us know if you hear of something cheap, cheap. Even if it needs serious work, I think we could do some fixings ourselves. :)
Hugs,
~Shaye
Preston & I were so excited to see your little ones show up w/Becky at Preston's party. I feel soooo horrible though for not "sending" them an invitation. Some received & some didn't...my fault....again, so sorry. Your kids were the best! They had a GREAT time & Shelby told me it was the best party ever! Thanks Shelby...you rock!