Weekend is over... already?!?!?
Well that was fast. The weekend flew by. We spent as much time as possible with Grandpa Clay. We had the treat of having Jason's cousin Ken and his family stay at our house. It was busy with all 10 of us at the house, but it is so great to be able to see them for a whole weekend!
Jason's cousins Kelly and Misty, and Misty's kids Sidney, Morgan and Ethan were here too. And the biggest treat of all was that Aunt Ruth came up too! They're from Oklahoma, and I've only seen Misty & her family twice in the 10 years Jason and I have been together. Ruth was having a hard time getting away, since her husband is struggling with his health issues, as well. We were so surprised to see that she jumped in the girls' suitcase and came along. What a treat!
Grandpa Clay was upset much of the weekend, because he knew many people were coming to see him for what could be the last time. He slept in his chair a lot, and wears a sweater and covers up with a blanket most of the time, but he was really grateful for Uncle Gus and Jason taking him out to run the tractor. He just had to cut that grass on the side of the dirt road leading up to his place. He said to me as he walked past me in the front yard, "I'll bet I can't even run that darn thing anymore." Uncle Gus helped him get it running and get it out of the building, and Grandpa took over. Gus walked closely behind to be sure everything was ok. And he needed help getting off the tractor. But he did run the tractor by himself. He was pretty tickled. He was in high spirits for a little while after, but was crying again soon when family departed. He nearly couldn't speak, at times. I feel so bad for him, but I know that God's got a plan, here. I just wish I had some insight into what it is, so I could help him understand...
What else happened this weekend... Mom and Dad went down home to check on my Grandmas in the southern part of the state. Grandma Leibbrandt is doing great. She is back at home, of her own accord, and is getting along good. Grandma Koerperich is still a little fireball, as usual. So we're doing fairly well, for now.
So, all of our guests ran off early Sunday afternoon, and we spent most of the afternoon and evening at Grandpas. We've discovered how easy it is to let the kids stay up an hour or two later in the summer again. I promised myself last fall I'd not let that happen again. It is always sooooo difficult to get them to go to bed on time when school starts again. Darn it. They're such good kids, though. It's easy to relax the rules on them once in a while. And pretty soon, they'll be off in college, and I'd be wishin' they were here to talk to...
Well, I suppose I had better go -- the softball run is coming up again. Shelby and Haley both have practice this afternoon, so we're OFF! (I'm starting to run again, too. Time to get back in those favorite jeans. Another 25 pounds, here I come!! Wooohooo!)

Have a great day -- pray hard -- and remember that the size of your brain or the size of your wallet has nothing to do with the size of your heart... (my thought for the day...)
Comments