Monkey Business...

Our kids are so spoiled. Ya know?!?? Grandma Elaine went to WalMart yesterday and got some new movies for the kids to watch here at the plant. She got "Dunston Checks In" and "Marley and Me". Immediately upon arrival this morning, they put a movie in. I hadn't heard much about Dunston Checks In, so I recommended they watch that one first. It is about a monkey (Dunston) that turns a 5-star hotel into a 3-ring circus. He gets loose in the Majestic Hotel during a huge event. Dunston manages to become good friends with the manager's 10 year old son, who plans to help him escape! I am not watching it, since we've been busy with customers, but I am hearing the laughs and screams from the living room, and I can't help but laugh with them. They keep coming to my desk and telling me all the funny things Dunston is doing. So cute. It's quite funny to see them all acting like monkeys at the same time...!


We got at least an inch and a half of rain yesterday. We are so excited! I really wanted to pour the concrete slabs we have prepared in front of our house, but getting some really good rain is something I just can't complain about. Shelby's game was cancelled last night, too. We took advantage of the time, and relaxed a bit. It was nice to have nowhere to run!!

Jason and I also got a chance to talk about our new employee, Tim. He seems to fit in well, and has been driving a concrete truck for a large company in Las Vegas for about 6 years. I think he will be a good fit for the crew. Tim's job in Vegas was slowing tremendously (down to 10-15 hours a week) because of the slump in the economy. He is glad to have a more consistent job, and to live closer to his sister and her family here in town. We continue to pray that all of our friends who have been struggling with employment issues in this economy are able to make it through. Our thoughts are with you.

Some updates on prayer requests:

  • Jenny is still doing very well -- Dad spoke with Uncle Gary and she's enjoying being at home.
  • Grandma Leibbrandt is doing ok, but is still mad that she has to remain in the nursing home, and arrangements are being made to check out an assisted living facility for her to move into. She would much rather be at home, and is not very happy about going anywhere but home! Can't blame her for that.
  • No new news on Aunt Marlene, so we'll assume that she's still doing good with her treatments.
I am in the process of posting a schedule of games for the girls -- feel free to attend any of the games. Let us know you're coming and we'll barbeque some burgers/hot dogs/whatever. We'd love to have you! Spencer won't be playing TeeBall this year -- we're gonna shoot for baseball next year.

Haley may also be joining a traveling tournament team for softball if things come together right, so we'll let you know on those, too. At the last meeting I attended, there was talk of tourneys in Gillette, Rapid City, Kearney, North Platte, and a couple others. It will be a busy summer!!

Enjoy the cooler weather while it's here!! Stop in anytime (at the plant or at the house)!!

Comments

beckyw said…
Hey Monkey Fairy Family!
We love you guys!
Glad to hear all is well.....
Me, sooooooo tired!
Hugs, and more hugs!
Debbie said…
Glad to hear that things are going well, we will continue to pray for more healing and good health for all. Love the moneky page. I am showing my age but I had the biggest crush on the Davey of the Monkeys!!

Popular posts from this blog

Nada

Christmas Lists