Thirsty Thursday

I know when I said Thirsty Thursday, some of you were thinking of a cold beer at happy hour. However, that's not the case...! (Yet!) It's just that it's really warm here today, and we're making an attempt to grow some new grass at our house. We watered late last evening, and we're actually starting to see some come up in the yard. I just hope it doesn't get too hot too early. I'm still not sure where spring went; it seems like we went from winter to summer!

We attended Haley's 2nd softball game last night, and it was a really good game. We won, and Jason and I got to visit a little with some of the parents, so that was nice. And then we discovered that the Wendland boys were playing baseball in the fields north of us, so we went over and watched part of their game after ours was over. It was a good game, too, and the boys did really well! We also got to see Megan (Wendland kiddo # 3) and Miranda (the Wendlands' adorable baby cousin), and I had a hard time getting a smooch from either of them. {tears...!}

It's unbelievable that next week is June already, so hang onto your hats. It's gonna be another fly-by summer.

Meanwhile, I found some cute little words I wanted to share with you:
  • No matter how hard you try, you can't baptize cats.
  • When your Mom is mad at your dad, don't let her brush your hair.
  • If your sister hits you, don't hit her back... they always catch the second person.
  • Never ask your 3-year old brother to hold a tomato.
  • You can't trust dogs to watch your food.
  • Reading what people write on desks can teach you a lot.
  • Don't sneeze when someone is cutting your hair.
  • Puppies still have bad breath even after eating a tic tac.
  • Never hold a dustbuster and a cat at the same time.
  • School lunches will stick to the wall.
  • You can't hide a piece of broccoli in a glass of milk.
  • Don't wear polka-dot underwear under white shorts.
  • The best place to be when you are sad is in Grandma's lap.

;-p

Have a great day!!

Comments

Misty said…
I was all set for Thirsty Thursday! :o)
beckyw said…
Oh, how I wanted a BL Lime! Oh, it was wonderful to see you guys last night... your kids are so precious! I am so pround of all of them! I love you little cute quotes, too! Take care...... HUgs!
Debbie said…
I thought Thirsty Thursday was like Margarita Monday at my house - LOL! Hope those words of wisdom weren't learned the hard way!

Popular posts from this blog

Nada

Christmas Lists