Thank you, Thank you, Thank you

Oh, my goodness, what a miracle. And that's all it can be. Here is the journal entry from the website we've been using to get updated on Jenny's status:
The Physical Therapist (PT) got Jenny to sit up in the recliner to eat her clear liquids meal today. She sat there for another couple of hours (in addition to the first couple earlier today). She was able to tolerate the clear liquids diet fine. The PT person had Jenny feed herself. The Occupational Therapist (OT) person also worked hard with Jenny today too on her fine motor skills on her left side. The doctor has taken Jenny off of the heparin and started her on Coumadin. Jenny is also been taken off of the blood pressure medication they had put her on. The medical staff were also able to remove her catheter today. Tomorrow the doctor anticipates moving Jenny over to the 6th floor of Clarkson Tower for rehabilitation to work with her there until she is medically able to go to a rehabilitation center. Once at the rehabilitation center, Jenny will probably be there fore a couple of months.

Jenny has indicated that she remembers the ambulance ride to Cambridge Hospital as well as a fair amount of what has happened while in the AICU. The doctor was surprised at what Jenny remembers because normally people don't remember much about what happened during the trauma/illness.

The doctor has expanded his explanation of what led up to why this happened to Jenny. The first factor is the birth control pill, the second is a sinus infection that she had 3 weeks before the trauma happened (her sinuses had gotten really infected before taking antibiotics and had started forming clots), and last a family history of fatal heart attacks of two very very young maternal relatives.


What a remarkable situation, and I just want to express my thanks to all of you for your prayers. They are definitely paying off, clearly!! She is doing so well, and we are so glad, but she does have a long haul ahead of her. Hopefully the therapy she is undergoing as well as the work she puts forward will get her back with those babies of hers very soon.

Anyways... In other news...

We have been busy at the plant lately. There have been quite a few large projects taking place, and we're excited to have business moving again. It was a long, slow winter this year, so business picking up is definitely a good thing.

Today was the last day of school for the year. So now it is official that we have an 8th grader, a 3rd grader, and a 1st grader. Ummm... How did this happen? Where does the time go?

Haley was off at softball practice earlier this evening, and games start next week. I still haven't heard who won the money at the drawing -- I haven't seen anyone from the softball association to find out. I'm assuming if it had been any of us, they would have called. I'm still anxious to find out who!!

We have some concrete sidewalks to pour over the weekend, but other than that we aren't doing much. We won't be camping, since it's always too busy. I was very politely reminded that our church is having it's 125th anniversary celebration. I facebook'd that I was accepting recommendations for something fun to do over the weekend, and Pastor Seth reminded me... ooops! ;O)

Well, I suppose it is time to go get the family ready to head to Haley's friend Alexis's dance recital at M-Hall tonight. So we're off. Have a super Memorial weekend -- if you're in Chadron, stop in and see us. We'd love to have ya!

Thank you again for your prayers!!

Comments

Debbie said…
Oh Jess, it sounds like a miracle. I have been busy at the Fort and just catching up on all the news. You have defintely had major things happening. I hope that all continues to go well. Just know that we are thinking of you and your family.

Popular posts from this blog

Nada

Christmas Lists