The Road Home...
Wow, what a busy Friday it has been here. We have poured nearly 100 yards of concrete today, and only about 10 of that was here in town! I've been south of Haytown and the guys have been south of Crawdad running loads all over the place. I must say I do kinda enjoy being behind the wheel of these big trucks, too. When I was a little girl (like 5 or so), my Dad used to let me come to work with him, and I would stand between the driver's side door of the truck and the big steering wheel and ride for MILES!! That was when we lived in southern Nebraska. We traveled so many miles that way, too!! So I guess you could say I was kinda raised riding in a truck. I get some funny looks, too. I pulled up to the jobsite today and one gentleman on the concrete crew looked at me really funny. I started talking to the foreman about the project, and he finally came up and asked me if I was legal to drive those big trucks. I told him yes, and he laughed. He said, "I never expected a young girl to get out of that truck when it pulled up here!" So funny! I haven't been driving the big semis lately as much, but I really get some funny looks when I do!
Today when I was coming back with the "Zebra" truck (as we call it, since the drum on it is painted with a stripe...), I realized how beautiful a place it is we live in. It really is nice to drive slow enough to be able to check out the scenery. The trees are blooming, the pastures are greening up, and things are just looking so nice! It was truly a nice drive home (back to the plant...).
So not only do I enjoy driving them, I also enjoy people's comments! Lots of good stories!
Anyways, we are finally winding down for the day, and just waiting for the last few trucks to come in. The kids have spent the day hanging out with Grandma Elaine, and loved every minute of it. Haley's "new" school car is parked at the plant, so she and Shelby (yes both of them) were driving it around the lot here. Soooooo funny! I came in with one of the trucks and honked my airhorn at them, and they screamed!! They were so focused on driving that they didn't know I was right behind them! ;-p
No big plans for the weekend, other than to set a few more things out for a garage sale again. We may try to camp next weekend, pending the weather and a few other things.
Thank you again for your prayers for Jenny. She is at home (UNBELIEVABLE!) and doing very well. She missed her kiddos so much, too, so we are grateful that she recovered as quickly as she did so she could make it home to see them.
Also, thank you for your prayers for my Aunt Marlene, who is doing very well, despite some cancer issues. She has non-Hodgkins lymphoma, and has been holding up fairly well with the treatments she is undergoing. I talked to her daughter (thanks for the info, Sheryl!) and made sure I wasn't getting the "politically correct" version that she was "doing ok..." According to Sheryl she is really plugging along!
God is great, Beer is Good, and People are Crazy!
Stop and check out the scenery where you live this weekend. Show your kids, too. It's never too late to stop and smell the roses!
Have a great weekend, everyone. We love you all!
Today when I was coming back with the "Zebra" truck (as we call it, since the drum on it is painted with a stripe...), I realized how beautiful a place it is we live in. It really is nice to drive slow enough to be able to check out the scenery. The trees are blooming, the pastures are greening up, and things are just looking so nice! It was truly a nice drive home (back to the plant...).
So not only do I enjoy driving them, I also enjoy people's comments! Lots of good stories!
Anyways, we are finally winding down for the day, and just waiting for the last few trucks to come in. The kids have spent the day hanging out with Grandma Elaine, and loved every minute of it. Haley's "new" school car is parked at the plant, so she and Shelby (yes both of them) were driving it around the lot here. Soooooo funny! I came in with one of the trucks and honked my airhorn at them, and they screamed!! They were so focused on driving that they didn't know I was right behind them! ;-p
No big plans for the weekend, other than to set a few more things out for a garage sale again. We may try to camp next weekend, pending the weather and a few other things.
Thank you again for your prayers for Jenny. She is at home (UNBELIEVABLE!) and doing very well. She missed her kiddos so much, too, so we are grateful that she recovered as quickly as she did so she could make it home to see them.
Also, thank you for your prayers for my Aunt Marlene, who is doing very well, despite some cancer issues. She has non-Hodgkins lymphoma, and has been holding up fairly well with the treatments she is undergoing. I talked to her daughter (thanks for the info, Sheryl!) and made sure I wasn't getting the "politically correct" version that she was "doing ok..." According to Sheryl she is really plugging along!
God is great, Beer is Good, and People are Crazy!
Stop and check out the scenery where you live this weekend. Show your kids, too. It's never too late to stop and smell the roses!
Have a great weekend, everyone. We love you all!
Comments