A Blur...!

Wow. The weekend went fast! We had a SUPER garage sale. We got rid of most everything we put out, and donated the rest! And there were only a few boxes of clothes and shoes and some miscellaneous household stuff to donate! We made nearly $1000!!!! (We sold Jason's little work car for $500... AND WE BOUGHT IT FOR $50 A FEW MONTHS AGO!)


We got rid of our former couch, loveseat, and recliner, a cherry armoire, TONS of clothes, and Jason has never been happier. He can now use the little garage for storing the mowers, bikes, motorcycles, etc, instead of using the big garage for that! Now he has big plans to rearrange the big shop... A man's work is never done. :-)

We also did some more planning on our landscaping and yard work. We have tilled up about half of the yard, and we're debating on doing the rest next year. We staked out some new sidewalk portions south of the house, too. We're hoping to make some good changes, but overwhelmed at what we need to do! We'll take it one bite at a time!

We all got a little rest over the weekend, which was long overdue. I was so worn out I hardly could get out of bed on Sunday. Poor Jason was out getting things set out for our Sunday run at the garage sale (which was a great idea since it was graduation weekend) and the kids kept coming in saying, "Mommy. Please. Get UP! Daddy is taking care of all the customers!!" I finally managed to get up about 8am and we sold some more stuff Sunday.

I forgot to put sunscreen on til late morning, and today, even though I DID remember to put sunscreen on, I have some RED shoulders. Sleeping last night wasn't a problem since I was so tired, but I can definitely tell I waited too long!!

Anyhew, Beck was over Friday and we had lunch at the China House. I had Shelby and Spencer with me, and they haven't eaten there ever before. It was a great meal, and we so enjoyed spending time with her. (Thanks for the invite, Beck!) We then spent the remainder of the weekend making excuses to the two of them why we weren't going to eat there for every meal!! They really loved the food... especially the crab angels and the sugar donuts on the buffet!!

Well, I suppose I've blog-blabbed enough for today. Hope you all had a great weekend, and that you are lining up plans for a fantastic Memorial Day Weekend. It's only a week away!!

Hugs to all! Happy Monday!

Comments

beckyw said…
Jess- Congrats o a great garage sale! AWESOME! What a weekend you guys had! WHEW! I am tired, too.... thanks for coming to lunch with me on Fri. I loved shareing your kids' first chinese experience! TEE HEE! Love ya and have a great week!
TTYL!
Rudloff5 said…
So glad your garage sale went well! Makes it worth all that effort.
Brandi said…
Way to go on your garage sale! They are a lot of work to put on!

Thanks for the happy birthday comment! I appreciate you thinking of me!

Popular posts from this blog

Nada

Christmas Lists