Wow. More snow than expected, and more than I wanted!

Sorry. I won't complain anymore...

I am really glad Jason is stranded at home with me -- I'm glad the kids are ok. They are spending some time at Grandma and Grandpa's house. I believe they will be there for a while. I scooped the back walk so Jason could make it into the house without having to stomp through nearly waist deep snow. It took me nearly 15 minutes to scoop a path only 30 feet long. SOOOO deep!

He and I are going upstairs to play the Wii, and see if we can get arrangements with the Easter Bunny put together. We went to Walmart this morning (with the pickup!) because Jason's shop roof was allowing some snow to blow in on his tools. We ran in to get the sealant we needed, and came back out quickly. We ended up pulling two vehicles out while we were in the parking lot, while 2 others were pulled out by other people. We went up past the plant and on the north end of town, and pulled two more people out. Jason just knew there would be people out in this crap that needed his help, and who am I to say no. We were all bundled up (I was in my snowboarding clothes -- I was toasty!) and the pickup was nice and warm, so yeah! We can do that!

Thank God for four wheel drives!! One couple we pulled out were in a Saturn station wagon, and both of them were wearing only sweatshirts, and didn't have any coats with them. It was clear the gentleman of the two had been trying to dig the car out from being stuck for a while. He was soaking wet, his face was beet red, and their car was going nowhere. We pulled them out of the snow bank they drove into, and plowed a track ahead of them from where they were stuck to a couple blocks away at their house. They were very grateful for the help in getting them home and warm again. Don't know who it was, but there was no way either of us could drive past them and not help!

So, we are finally at home, the shop is sealed up and no more snow is getting in. We cleared off the snow and water off Jason's tools and benches, and whatever else of a mess the snow made inside the building. Laney was loving playing outside in the snow, but she doesn't like trying to find somewhere to piddle when all the snow is deeper than she is tall! She was really frolicking in the snow, just running 100 miles an hour in circles, flinging snow as she ran. She slowed down a bit in the deeper stuff, until she was stuck. She looked up at me like, "Mom. I'm stuck! Can you help?!?" It was adorable to see a big black pup with only her head sticking out of the white snow!

Now we are inside, warming up with a bowl of hot oatmeal and a cup of tea. We rented a couple of movies last night before it got too bad, so we'll be watching some movies and playing the Wii. I would say come over and play with us, but I don't want to have to rescue anybody in this weather; we're all better off at home. So come over and play the Wii when the snow stops, the roads have been cleared, and the wind is gone!!

Well, Jason is giving me fits because I am "blogging again...", so I guess I will have to go upstairs and whip him in a game of Rapala Fishing... 7 pound Bass, here I come!

Stay warm (stay home!) and be safe if you must go anywhere.

Hugs to all-- And kisses to my kids at Grandmas... *Mwah!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nada

Christmas Lists