I must be shoveling off...
I haven't scooped the remainder of the walk, but here's a picture of what it took me 15 minutes to scoop!
The snow finally stopped today. Jason has been out since about 7am doing snow removal, and he says Dad's cell has been ringing off the hook with more folks needing help with their clearing. WOW!
We have a 6 foot drift by the small garage -- it's nearly as tall as the fence that divides us from the neighbors. EEeek! I should be out shoveling snow again, but my back hurts from the first round. The snow I cleared from the front sidewalk in the picture was more than waist high.
The kids have been at Grandma and Grandpas since Friday. I've talked to them several times, but they are snowed in out there. Heaven only knows how long it will take to reopen the highway, much less their driveway.
Well -- I guess I will go and shovel some more. The temperature outside is really not bad, it's just that you have to plow through snow at least 4 feet deep in front of the house...!
Stay warm -- and SAFE!

The snow finally stopped today. Jason has been out since about 7am doing snow removal, and he says Dad's cell has been ringing off the hook with more folks needing help with their clearing. WOW!
We have a 6 foot drift by the small garage -- it's nearly as tall as the fence that divides us from the neighbors. EEeek! I should be out shoveling snow again, but my back hurts from the first round. The snow I cleared from the front sidewalk in the picture was more than waist high.
The kids have been at Grandma and Grandpas since Friday. I've talked to them several times, but they are snowed in out there. Heaven only knows how long it will take to reopen the highway, much less their driveway.
Well -- I guess I will go and shovel some more. The temperature outside is really not bad, it's just that you have to plow through snow at least 4 feet deep in front of the house...!
Stay warm -- and SAFE!
Comments
I hope that your kiddos make it home soon, although I am sure they are living it up at your parents' house.