"I can't choose, Mommy!"

I stopped by the bowling alley after I had finished running my errands, to check on Jason and Shelby. Haley and Spence had gone with Gma Elaine. Shelby wanted to ride home with me, so I agreed. On the way home, she was just making conversation about spending time with both of us and nearly made me fall out the door laughing.

She says to me, "Mommy, I find it hard to choose between you and Daddy. I like spending time with both of you."

I said, "Oh, really?"

She says, "Yeah. You know, like if Daddy was going to Minnesota to go fishing, and you were going to Rapid to shop, I would have a hard time choosing which of you to go with."

I said, "Yeah. I can really relate to that. Both options would be a lot of fun, huh!"

Her answer came back quickly, with a cute look, "But, of course you know which one of you I would choose... I LOVE TO SHOP!"

What an animated young squirrel she is... Maybe it just hit my funny bone, but Shelby always seems to make us laugh!

She has a concert tonight, and I had a specific request for a CERTAIN kind of dress... I hope I did okay choosing the one she'll be wearing!!

Not sure yet if I'm going to try to make it over to Beck's for the jewelry party for at least a little bit, before I have to make a mad dash back to town for the concert. We'll see how it goes!

Have a good day -- hugs to all!

Comments

beckyw said…
Precious SHelb.
What lil' cutie pie!
Hey, we have to come to town in the morn. for Matt's Dentist appt. So, we will come find ya, as we have some goodies for SPence!
Lisa said…
Oh, so cute and funny! Kids come up with the funniest things!
2Shaye ♪♫ said…
Oh how CUTE! So did you make it to the party? I was sad to have to miss it. Just not the right time of year for me. The Millers are always taking on too much! LOL Anyway, I'm slowly making my re-entry into bloggy land. Will plan to be around a lot more often!

~Shaye

http://millermemoir.blogspot.com

Popular posts from this blog

Nada

Christmas Lists