Happy Earth Day!
Shelby has been quick to remind us to shut off lights we aren't using, to change over to CFL bulbs (those compact florescent bulbs), to pick up garbage around town, and many other things related to Earth Day. She's been in "Earth Day Mode" for about a week or two, now. She even reminded me that maybe we don't need the night light in the bathroom... then she rescinded that comment by telling me she probably couldn't do without it... So funny!
It is a good reminder that we all can do more, I guess. Shelby wanted me to put info on here about shutting your lights/computers/everything off for an hour during Earth Day. We will have to do the same at some point today. Then we will spend countless hours reprogramming clocks, VCRs, and the like... HA HA!
WOW!! Jason and I are getting excited for Vegas now...! We went through our books last night to see how much money it looked like we'd have to go, and even with the projects we have lined up before we go, we'll still be setting pretty!! YAY!
I guess I am the worry wart of the family, always stressing about whether we'll have any month left at the end of the money, or no money left at the end of the month! But all is well!!
An update on prayer requests: Grandma Leibbrandt is in the hospital until later today, when her room at the same nursing home will be ready. She will probably be there a while. She stood up to close the shades before heading to bed Sunday night, and fell over backwards. She is a bit confused, too, and is having a hard time remembering things. But she loves this nursing home, other than they make her go to bed earlier than she wants to...!
And I took Grandpa Clay to the radiology department at the hospital yesterday for a chest x-ray. The clinic changed some of his medicine, and are hoping to have something concrete from the x-rays to tell them what is making him lose weight so quickly. Not sure what's going on, but Dixie is here today, and she'll make sure things get taken care of!!
We are going to try to get some outdoor things done tonight, and we'll hopefully see the Wendland kids for a little while when Beck's at WWs. So I am off to finish work at the plant for today, and get things lined up for our sidewalk project!!
I'm probably forgetting something, but I think that's it for today. Have a good Earth Day -- enjoy the sunshine!!
It is a good reminder that we all can do more, I guess. Shelby wanted me to put info on here about shutting your lights/computers/everything off for an hour during Earth Day. We will have to do the same at some point today. Then we will spend countless hours reprogramming clocks, VCRs, and the like... HA HA!WOW!! Jason and I are getting excited for Vegas now...! We went through our books last night to see how much money it looked like we'd have to go, and even with the projects we have lined up before we go, we'll still be setting pretty!! YAY!
I guess I am the worry wart of the family, always stressing about whether we'll have any month left at the end of the money, or no money left at the end of the month! But all is well!!
An update on prayer requests: Grandma Leibbrandt is in the hospital until later today, when her room at the same nursing home will be ready. She will probably be there a while. She stood up to close the shades before heading to bed Sunday night, and fell over backwards. She is a bit confused, too, and is having a hard time remembering things. But she loves this nursing home, other than they make her go to bed earlier than she wants to...!
And I took Grandpa Clay to the radiology department at the hospital yesterday for a chest x-ray. The clinic changed some of his medicine, and are hoping to have something concrete from the x-rays to tell them what is making him lose weight so quickly. Not sure what's going on, but Dixie is here today, and she'll make sure things get taken care of!!
We are going to try to get some outdoor things done tonight, and we'll hopefully see the Wendland kids for a little while when Beck's at WWs. So I am off to finish work at the plant for today, and get things lined up for our sidewalk project!!
I'm probably forgetting something, but I think that's it for today. Have a good Earth Day -- enjoy the sunshine!!
Comments
It's so nice getting outdoors, enjoying the sun and green and being in a community that takes relatively good care of the surroundings. It's not this way in many, many bigger cities, unfortunately.
Happy EARTH Day, my friend (and Arbor Day is this Friday, right?).
Hugs,
~Shaye