Update on... EVERYTHING!
The weather here was beautiful this weekend. We got lots of stuff done outside this weekend, and the kids loved being able to use their roller skates, bikes, tractors, and four wheelers. Spence was playing with the neighbor boy ramping over the dirt pile near our driveway, and was just screaming cause he was having so much fun. Shelby skated til her bottom hurt from falling so much!! Haley helped us pick up yard waste and leaves, etc in the back yard. She is always such good help!
Saturday, we had a great celebration for Grandpa Clay's 90th birthday. Dixie and her sisters put together a card shower for him, and as of Saturday afternoon, he had received nearly 85 cards!! We had dinner with the family at Country Kitchen, and everybody stopped over at our place afterwards to see what changes we had made to the house. I think all were impressed! A couple cans of paint, some free trim, and some elbow grease goes a long ways!
It also sounds as if we have our white pickup sold (YAY!)-- please pray that transaction takes place -- we need the money! The gentleman purchasing it is supposed to be here Friday. He's coming from out of state. Evidently he has a sister in a neighboring town who's been storing a vehicle for him, and he's flying down here to buy our pickup (and a trailer) and haul it back to ALASKA! No doubts in my mind it will make the trip, but that's a long ways to drive a pickup you just bought... Don't ya think? Good thing he's buying it from Jason, Mr. Mechanic himself!!
He and Uncle Gus saved the day early Sunday afternoon with their mechanic skills. Thank heaven it happened here in town, instead of halfway home to Colorado, but Uncle Al and Aunt Linda's car broke down. Jason grabbed a few tools, diagnosed the problem in the WalMart parking lot, called the parts guy (a friend of mine) and he met them at the auto parts store to find a new alternator. Jason threw it on for Al, and got them back on the road and headed home. We got a call later in the evening, and they made it home just fine. YAY for Jason!
My schooling is going great -- I am enjoying it, and I still have a super good grade, so I am tickled pink! My back aches a little more lately, though. I think it's from all the sitting while I'm studying. I shouldn't sit so much, but when the kids (and our schedule) gives us any down time, I study as much as I can. I really want to get it done!
And thanks to Trish and Lori for the wonderful night earlier in the week, with the Symphony. I stole a couple pictures off her blog, so I could share them with you (Thanks, T!) We had a great time.
Trish, Becky and Jess
Lori and Trish
Before Grandma Dixie and Grandpa Gary went home, they went to the storage unit to go through some boxes. They brought some cars for Spence to look through. Wow was he excited -- I think my whole crew was! I have added some pictures to this post of them looking through and playing with the cars, but look on the right side of my site here, as I'll place some of them there, too.








I think Jason enjoyed the cars maybe even more than Spence did!! Truly a kid at heart!!
It's snowing pretty hard here, now. The wind is blowing enough that the snow is 'falling' sideways... Gotta love wind. Here's a picture of what I saw out the west windows early this morning...
BRRRrrrr!!! Stay warm, and have a great day!!
Saturday, we had a great celebration for Grandpa Clay's 90th birthday. Dixie and her sisters put together a card shower for him, and as of Saturday afternoon, he had received nearly 85 cards!! We had dinner with the family at Country Kitchen, and everybody stopped over at our place afterwards to see what changes we had made to the house. I think all were impressed! A couple cans of paint, some free trim, and some elbow grease goes a long ways!
It also sounds as if we have our white pickup sold (YAY!)-- please pray that transaction takes place -- we need the money! The gentleman purchasing it is supposed to be here Friday. He's coming from out of state. Evidently he has a sister in a neighboring town who's been storing a vehicle for him, and he's flying down here to buy our pickup (and a trailer) and haul it back to ALASKA! No doubts in my mind it will make the trip, but that's a long ways to drive a pickup you just bought... Don't ya think? Good thing he's buying it from Jason, Mr. Mechanic himself!!
He and Uncle Gus saved the day early Sunday afternoon with their mechanic skills. Thank heaven it happened here in town, instead of halfway home to Colorado, but Uncle Al and Aunt Linda's car broke down. Jason grabbed a few tools, diagnosed the problem in the WalMart parking lot, called the parts guy (a friend of mine) and he met them at the auto parts store to find a new alternator. Jason threw it on for Al, and got them back on the road and headed home. We got a call later in the evening, and they made it home just fine. YAY for Jason!
My schooling is going great -- I am enjoying it, and I still have a super good grade, so I am tickled pink! My back aches a little more lately, though. I think it's from all the sitting while I'm studying. I shouldn't sit so much, but when the kids (and our schedule) gives us any down time, I study as much as I can. I really want to get it done!
And thanks to Trish and Lori for the wonderful night earlier in the week, with the Symphony. I stole a couple pictures off her blog, so I could share them with you (Thanks, T!) We had a great time.
Trish, Becky and Jess
Lori and TrishBefore Grandma Dixie and Grandpa Gary went home, they went to the storage unit to go through some boxes. They brought some cars for Spence to look through. Wow was he excited -- I think my whole crew was! I have added some pictures to this post of them looking through and playing with the cars, but look on the right side of my site here, as I'll place some of them there, too.
It's snowing pretty hard here, now. The wind is blowing enough that the snow is 'falling' sideways... Gotta love wind. Here's a picture of what I saw out the west windows early this morning...
Comments