A Sludgy Start to the Week
We woke up this morning to a nice snow, Wyoming-force winds, and when I stepped outside to start my car, I discovered that most of the snow was merely forming sludge on the sidewalks. With each step, I left a round impression of my foot, and splattered this lovely stuff... It was nice to scrape the windows on the car, though; since it was so wet underneath, I was able to clean off the windshield and rear window of the car by merely turning the wipers on!
When I stopped at the post office though, I had to jump over a river near the curb. All this moisture is WONDERFUL! I just wish the wind wouldn't blow, too.
We had a great weekend at Uncle Jerami's house. Grandpa Gary and Grandma Dixie hooked us up with a hotel room at the Holiday Inn, so the kids could swim at the pool! They were in the water as much as we would let them! We stayed overnight and hit Cabela's before we left, too. Jerami and Kendi are putting in wood floors (laminate) through most of the main floor of their house, and it looks great! Jason was able to help out, and the kids loved playing Uncle Jerami's X-Box games. Grandma Dixie brought us cinnamon twists and homemade RUNZAs, too!! Thanks, Gma -- they were AWESOME!
We made it home before the rain was very heavy, but the kids were disappointed because we missed the lightning and thunder. They have their Dad's appreciation for watching lightning! (They still get scared if it gets too bad...)
Not much going on here today, with all the snow and wind. The kids are at school for now -- area schools are closing, but we're usually the last to call a snow day. At least they don't have to be out in the snow this way. They can remain inside the building where the wind doesn't blow right through ya!
Well, stay in where it's warm today -- have a good afternoon, and hopefully we'll be seeing some sunshine later in the week!
When I stopped at the post office though, I had to jump over a river near the curb. All this moisture is WONDERFUL! I just wish the wind wouldn't blow, too.
We had a great weekend at Uncle Jerami's house. Grandpa Gary and Grandma Dixie hooked us up with a hotel room at the Holiday Inn, so the kids could swim at the pool! They were in the water as much as we would let them! We stayed overnight and hit Cabela's before we left, too. Jerami and Kendi are putting in wood floors (laminate) through most of the main floor of their house, and it looks great! Jason was able to help out, and the kids loved playing Uncle Jerami's X-Box games. Grandma Dixie brought us cinnamon twists and homemade RUNZAs, too!! Thanks, Gma -- they were AWESOME!
We made it home before the rain was very heavy, but the kids were disappointed because we missed the lightning and thunder. They have their Dad's appreciation for watching lightning! (They still get scared if it gets too bad...)
Not much going on here today, with all the snow and wind. The kids are at school for now -- area schools are closing, but we're usually the last to call a snow day. At least they don't have to be out in the snow this way. They can remain inside the building where the wind doesn't blow right through ya!
Well, stay in where it's warm today -- have a good afternoon, and hopefully we'll be seeing some sunshine later in the week!
Comments