Monday Madness

Well, we had a great weekend. We attended Matt and Andy's (our Godsons) wrestling meet -- they both did really well. Pictured from left to right is Andy, a competitor, and Matt. ...thanks Becky for the pix!...

We went to Matt's 7th birthday party, and had delicious Betson Burgers (home grown meat is always best) and chocolate cake with a dry ice volcano. Pictured here is Matt's friend Dennis and Matt, the birthday boy! It was awesome!! After the party, the kids played outside until they were all worn out and dirty -- good clean fun, right? They all had a blast. At one point, us girls were sitting in the kitchen, and we heard Spence yell to Andy, "RUN FOR YOUR LIFE, MAN!" and we laughed. They were playing a cops and robbers type of game. It was so cute!

Mom and Dad traveled to our old stomping grounds to attend an annual consignment sale that is always a big hit. They sold a tractor and dropped off a low-boy semi trailer in a nearby area, pulling it with the Peterbilt -- much to my Mom's dismay... It can be fun to ride in a semi -- but just not as much fun when you put in over 1000 miles in two days... Mom got to see Grandma Vi for a little while, though and I know she enjoyed that.

We, in amongst the other activities I mentioned before, decided to rake the lawn, take out the chain link fence in the front yard, FINALLY took the rest of the Christmas lights down... I know... But I'm not gonna climb a ladder to get the lights down, when back surgery # 2 isn't something I'd like to find out about!! So waiting for Jason to have a moment to take them down is okay with me!!

Unfortunately, we didn't sell the pickup this weekend. So we need your prayers -- we really need to get rid of it. Pray for the guy who was supposed to buy it too -- I've said a few choice words about him in the last two days... He told us to "consider the pickup sold." So we didn't advertise, we didn't take any more calls on it, etc. And he got here and decided he needed something a little different. Jerk... Oops... another choice word just flew out before I could help myself...! Sorry!

Yeah -- so prayers for forgiveness for me too!! HA HA HA HA!!

Not sure if I mentioned this before, but Jason's birthday is in May, and his brother has purchased tickets for all of us -- he and his girlfriend and Jason and I -- to go to Vegas to a motorcross show and hang out for a few days. Jason has never been on an airplane, so he's excited, yet nervous -- there've been a few too many plane crashes lately... But we're really looking forward to it. It will be a great time!

We'll certainly be doing some traveling this summer -- Vegas in May, Steph's wedding in Fargo in July, a family vacation in there somewhere, hopefully, and maybe a trip or two to Denver to see Grandma Dixie and Grandpa Gary. Should be a busy, but fun summer for all!

Monday is off and running, now. We're at the plant, the kids are at school, and the weather should be wonderful for an evening barbeque tonight. I can't wait!!

Happy St Paddy's day tomorrow!! Drink a green beer for me, and call me (PLEASE!) if you need a ride home!

Comments

Debbie said…
What a busy, fun weekend and a trip in the future...How Wonderful!
Rudloff5 said…
Glad you had a great weekend! The weather is so nice right now. We all need to take advantage of it.

Popular posts from this blog

Nada

Christmas Lists