Popcorn Balls

Ok. I really failed to keep up with the recipes... I guess I am guilty of the same thing others suffer from when on a diet -- getting into the grind is not as easy as it seems. And staying there is a whole new Oprah show...! But I did find a recipe today that sounded really good.

My Grandma Koerperich's recipe for Marshmallow Popcorn Balls... believe me, the recipe says there are no calories, no carbs, no fat, and therefore, no guilt...!

(What! You can't only eat healthy stuff all the time; your stomach gets bored!)

Anyways, here it is:

Ingredients:
5 quarts popped popcorn
3/4 cup white Karo syrup
1/4 cup margarine
2 T. water
1 lb. powdered sugar
1 cup miniature marshmallows

1. Put popcorn in large container.
2. Mix remainder of ingredients in saucepan, stirring over low heat only until mixture boils.
3. Pour mixture over popcorn and shape into baseball or smaller size shapes.
4. Let them cool and enjoy!

Well, it's beautiful here today again. No wind, too! Yesterday the wind was so bad we couldn't enjoy the 67 degrees we got up to, but it sounds as if today we'll like it!! I am so ready for spring!!!!

Comments

beckyw said…
Yummy! Are ya making some of these? I am there! Okay, just for a bite... must use self discipline, and contrl....
hugs, B
Rudloff5 said…
popcorn balls are on of my favs! yum! now i need to borrow a popcorn popper and make some for the kids. i always make them for halloween and add gummy worms, candy corns, and add a few black and orange sprinkles to them.
Debbie said…
Oh Jess, that is the same recipe my mom used to use. It was usually a "Christmas" treat. One of those feel good foods. Thanks for the recipe

Popular posts from this blog

Nada

Christmas Lists