Painting again...!
Wow! I guess I must have gotten bitten by the paint bug or something. I have painted more in the last two weeks than I have in years! Here's my living room in progress...
Just after we covered all the furniture, etc. in plastic to prepare for painting the ceiling last night...

And now what it looks like...



And Poor Laney, just lost cause she can't find a good spot to lay down. She's resorted to depressingly staring out the windows. I'm still not sure if that's because she is mad because her bed got temporarily relocated while I'm painting, or she's just REALLY wanting to go outside. I had to walk something down to the school this morning, and I took Laney with me. Ever since then, she is just whining at the doors and windows, just hoping I will take her for a short walk again!! What a laugh! And a great dog!

Well, I still have to come up with some supper for my crowd, so here's something I thought sounded good for supper tonight, and it is really low in calories -- good for those of us who are trying to watch our meals... Let me know how it turns out for you.
__________________________________
Left overs from this recipe microwave well the next day for lunch. Non-fat
soy cheese may be used instead of the non-fat cheddar and non-fat mozzarella.
Stacked Cheese Enchiladas
1 15-oz. can tomato sauce
1 small diced onion
2 cloves of garlic, minced
6 corn tortillas
1/2 c. grated non-fat cheddar cheese
1 1/2 t. chile powder
1/2 c. grated non-fat mozzarella cheese
1/8-1/4 t. cumin (to taste)
1/2 4-oz. can chopped green chilies
In a saucepan combine tomato sauce, onion, chile powder, cumin, garlic and
green chilies. (I don't like things too hot, so I buy whole chilies and
scrape all the seeds out before chopping). Simmer about 15 minutes.
Spread a couple of large spoonfuls of sauce in a 9-inch pie pan and place a
tortilla on top. Spread sauce on top of torilla and sprinke with a little
of both kinds of cheese. Continue layering till all ingredients are used
up, ending with the cheese.
Bake uncovered at 350 F for about 20 minutes.
Cut in wedges and serve.
____________________________________
Could someone please pass onto Mandy that I won't be at her Partylite get-together tonight -- I just HAVE to get this painting done by the end of the weekend, and I have to paint the whole dining room, too. And if I get out of the mood, who knows how long it may be before I get time to get back into it!!
After all, my house has to look AWESOME for MY Partylite show next Friday -- the 13th -- REMEMBER -- Mardi Gras theme! So everyone have a great time at Mandy's beautiful home tonight, and give her my regards for not being there. I will be there in spirit...!
Have a great weekend, everybody!!
And now what it looks like...
And Poor Laney, just lost cause she can't find a good spot to lay down. She's resorted to depressingly staring out the windows. I'm still not sure if that's because she is mad because her bed got temporarily relocated while I'm painting, or she's just REALLY wanting to go outside. I had to walk something down to the school this morning, and I took Laney with me. Ever since then, she is just whining at the doors and windows, just hoping I will take her for a short walk again!! What a laugh! And a great dog!
Well, I still have to come up with some supper for my crowd, so here's something I thought sounded good for supper tonight, and it is really low in calories -- good for those of us who are trying to watch our meals... Let me know how it turns out for you.
__________________________________
Left overs from this recipe microwave well the next day for lunch. Non-fat
soy cheese may be used instead of the non-fat cheddar and non-fat mozzarella.
Stacked Cheese Enchiladas
1 15-oz. can tomato sauce
1 small diced onion
2 cloves of garlic, minced
6 corn tortillas
1/2 c. grated non-fat cheddar cheese
1 1/2 t. chile powder
1/2 c. grated non-fat mozzarella cheese
1/8-1/4 t. cumin (to taste)
1/2 4-oz. can chopped green chilies
In a saucepan combine tomato sauce, onion, chile powder, cumin, garlic and
green chilies. (I don't like things too hot, so I buy whole chilies and
scrape all the seeds out before chopping). Simmer about 15 minutes.
Spread a couple of large spoonfuls of sauce in a 9-inch pie pan and place a
tortilla on top. Spread sauce on top of torilla and sprinke with a little
of both kinds of cheese. Continue layering till all ingredients are used
up, ending with the cheese.
Bake uncovered at 350 F for about 20 minutes.
Cut in wedges and serve.
____________________________________
Could someone please pass onto Mandy that I won't be at her Partylite get-together tonight -- I just HAVE to get this painting done by the end of the weekend, and I have to paint the whole dining room, too. And if I get out of the mood, who knows how long it may be before I get time to get back into it!!
After all, my house has to look AWESOME for MY Partylite show next Friday -- the 13th -- REMEMBER -- Mardi Gras theme! So everyone have a great time at Mandy's beautiful home tonight, and give her my regards for not being there. I will be there in spirit...!
Have a great weekend, everybody!!
Comments