No Nashville Star :-( and some Chicken!

Well, I have yet to confirm it, but there are many rumors circulating that there may be no Nashville Star for 2009. Reports say that NBC is reluctant to give it another go because of lower ratings, etc. So, we'll keep our eyes and ears open, but it doesn't sound good. I should have an email from NBC within about a week with the official status of the show, so I will let you know as soon as I hear something concrete. Bummer!

Anyways, here's some grilled chicken for supper!

Lemon Grilled Chicken

Ingredients:
1 lemon
2 tbsp olive oil
1 clove of garlic, crushed
1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley plus extra sprigs for garnish
1/4 tsp dried thyme
1/4 tsp dried marjoram
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts, about 6 oz each

Step 1:
Use a peeler to remove strips of zest from half of the lemon, then trim into fine strips with a small knife. Reserve and set aside. Grate the other side of the lemon to make 1 tablespoon zest. Finally, squeeze the juice from the lemon into a bowl.
Step 2:
In a large bowl, combine the lemon zest and juice, oil, garlic, parsley, thyme, marjoram, salt and pepper. Add the chicken breasts to the bowl and spoon the marinade over the chicken until well coated. Cover with plastic wrap. Chill for 30 minutes, or overnight if you have time.
Step 3:
Preheat the griddle, grill or broiler to medium heat. Put the chicken pieces on the griddle, reserving marinade. Cook chicken until cooked through, about 10 minutes on each side. Brush with reserved marinade 2-3 times during cooking. Sprinkle with reserved lemon strips and serve immediately garnished with parsley sprigs.

A tip:
The easiest way to prevent lemon zest from sticking to a grater is to brush it off with a pastry brush. You can also use the brush to baste the chicken with the marinade in Step 3.

For a healthy meal, serve with grilled portobello mushrooms and a pasta salad mixed with zucchini and peppers.

Well, it's Sunday at 3pm and we're still working on the scrappin room, but the carpet is in, the computer is set up, desks and all, and we're trying really hard to get the larger furniture pieces in the room. I also have boxes of papers, etc. that I vowed not to bring back into the room until they were sorted through and organized, disposing of any I didn't need. That task hasn't even started yet... We'll see!

Have a great week!

Comments

The Clamors said…
Mmmm sounds yummy I'll try that this week, I'm on a chicken/fish/salad kick :) yay for me....finally motivated! That is a bummer about the show...dang it, I was hoping to know someone famous, b/c I know you'd make it to the top & then some! I'll say a prayer it goes atleast one more season & your're the WINNER! Later!

Popular posts from this blog

Nada

Christmas Lists