"Miss America" B-day Party

Congratulations Miss America 2009, Katie Stam, former Miss Indiana.
Shelby and I were asked to be at a birthday party for our friend Ashley B. this weekend. It was great! We had cake and ice cream (OF COURSE!), we had pizza and lots of goodies. We stayed overnight at a hotel, swam as much as was humanly possibly, stayed up late gabbing, IT WAS GREAT! I made this fun pix cause I thought this picture was so great of all 5 girls. We were also able to catch the Miss America pageant while we were making our hairpieces. Kim had purchased a hair clip for each girl, along with ribbons and beads for them to customize them. They all did a great job decorating them, and had a great time!
The girls really got into the pageant, too. At one point, all of them were doing their pageant walk around the pool, each stopping in front of us Moms to introduce themselves as Miss Hawaii (Shyann), Miss Nebraska (Shelby), Miss California (Ashley, AKA "Monique"), Miss Texas (Hallie), and Miss North Dakota (Skyler).
While I was at the hotel, helping Kim (Ash's Mom) take care of these girls, my hubby and Haley decided they needed to rearrange some things. Now Haley has a queen sized bed (which she really needed), but they got caught mid-stream and Jason had to leave to do snow removal. I took a picture of some of the snow in our backyard...
So my house is quite messy -- we had already neglected many parts of the house because we'd been working on the scrappin room, but now pretty much the whole house is in shambles. Anybody know a cleaning fairy??? Hee hee...
We will get to it, soon enough. There's nearly a foot of snow here AND IT'S STILL SNOWING so many things are postponed. Hopefully that means we'll have more time to accomplish what we need to at the house...
I am off to pick up the little ones from school, so here I go -- have a great afternoon.
In the voice of Bing Crosby... "And may all your January 26ths be white..."



Comments