43 Bucks!!
YAY! On the way out to Mom and Dad's last night, we stopped at the local gas station to buy some diesel for Jason's pickup. We grabbed a soda and a snack, and I thought I'd get a scratch ticket or two. I bought a $1 and a $2 ticket. I won $2 on the first ticket. YAY! Thought I was good to go!
I scratched the second one, and on the first line, I won $2! YAY! Again, good to go!
The second line, I won $10!!
The third line, I won $10.
The fourth line, I won $10.
The fifth line, I won $10.

So my damages for the day was $3 in purchased tickets, $43 in winnings. Woohoo!
Every little bit helps, right?!?!?
We are planning a party for Dad (Shhhh ... it's a surprise...!) tonight after work, so we are getting ready for that -- (you are all invited! At the plant, 741 East Niobrara at about 5pm.) We will have some drinks, cake, and ice cream, lots of guests, and a good time!! We hope to see you there!
Dad spoke with Grandma Leibbrandt on the phone yesterday a couple of times, and she says it looks like she'll be going home late today or tomorrow. He is concerned though, that she still sounds exhausted! So we will wait and see what the verdict is when Dr. Sandy comes in today to speak with her. He has been her doctor for probably 30+ years, and he really has her best interests at heart. And she trusts him to do that, so we'll see. Thank you to all for the prayers and kind words spoken about her during this time. Hopefully she will be well and back at home, happy and healthy again very soon.
Meanwhile, back at the ranch, I found another good recipe for grilled chicken that is fairly simple -- hope you enjoy it.
HAWAIIAN GRILLED CHICKEN
1/2 cup olive oil
1/3 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
1/2 cup soy sauce
3-4 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
1-2 teaspoons fresh oregano
1-2 teaspoons fresh Rosemary
1-2 teaspoons fresh basil (optional)
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black or lemon pepper
1 4 lb. chicken broiler chicken, halved
olive oil spray (for use during cooking)
Wash chicken and place both halves in a large Ziploc bag.
Squeeze lemon juice; add zest (the yellow portion of the peel) for extra flavor.
Combine remaining ingredients with the lemon juice and place in bag. Refrigerate for several hours (up to 6 hours), turning occasionally.
Place chicken on broiler rack, skin side down or on grill; keep chicken about 7 inches away from heat. If grilling, set chicken on opposite side of the coals to avoid flare-ups. At start of cooking, brush chicken with marinade - then discard marinade so that you're not tempted to use it during the cooking (for safety's sake).
Note: For extra flavor, sprinkle chicken liberally with salt, pepper, garlic and onion powder just before cooking. Substitute lemon pepper for the black pepper, if available, for an extra zesty kick.
Broil or grill chicken for 20 minutes or until browned on one side, avoiding flare ups. At this point, spray the chicken lightly with olive oil spray; then turn it to the other side and spray again. Cook for another 10 minutes or so until chicken is done (juice no longer runs pink).
Variation: Wine vinegar may be substituted for the lemon juice. If fresh herbs are not available, substitute 1/2-3/4 teaspoon dried.
Serve garnished with sprigs of Rosemary and a lemon wedge.
----------------------------------------------------------
Have a good Super Bowl Weekend; Go Steelers! and Go Cardinals! (I don't watch football, and don't care who wins...!)
I scratched the second one, and on the first line, I won $2! YAY! Again, good to go!
The second line, I won $10!!
The third line, I won $10.
The fourth line, I won $10.
The fifth line, I won $10.

So my damages for the day was $3 in purchased tickets, $43 in winnings. Woohoo!
Every little bit helps, right?!?!?
We are planning a party for Dad (Shhhh ... it's a surprise...!) tonight after work, so we are getting ready for that -- (you are all invited! At the plant, 741 East Niobrara at about 5pm.) We will have some drinks, cake, and ice cream, lots of guests, and a good time!! We hope to see you there!
Dad spoke with Grandma Leibbrandt on the phone yesterday a couple of times, and she says it looks like she'll be going home late today or tomorrow. He is concerned though, that she still sounds exhausted! So we will wait and see what the verdict is when Dr. Sandy comes in today to speak with her. He has been her doctor for probably 30+ years, and he really has her best interests at heart. And she trusts him to do that, so we'll see. Thank you to all for the prayers and kind words spoken about her during this time. Hopefully she will be well and back at home, happy and healthy again very soon.
Meanwhile, back at the ranch, I found another good recipe for grilled chicken that is fairly simple -- hope you enjoy it.
HAWAIIAN GRILLED CHICKEN
1/2 cup olive oil
1/3 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
1/2 cup soy sauce
3-4 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
1-2 teaspoons fresh oregano
1-2 teaspoons fresh Rosemary
1-2 teaspoons fresh basil (optional)
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black or lemon pepper
1 4 lb. chicken broiler chicken, halved
olive oil spray (for use during cooking)
Wash chicken and place both halves in a large Ziploc bag.
Squeeze lemon juice; add zest (the yellow portion of the peel) for extra flavor.
Combine remaining ingredients with the lemon juice and place in bag. Refrigerate for several hours (up to 6 hours), turning occasionally.
Place chicken on broiler rack, skin side down or on grill; keep chicken about 7 inches away from heat. If grilling, set chicken on opposite side of the coals to avoid flare-ups. At start of cooking, brush chicken with marinade - then discard marinade so that you're not tempted to use it during the cooking (for safety's sake).
Note: For extra flavor, sprinkle chicken liberally with salt, pepper, garlic and onion powder just before cooking. Substitute lemon pepper for the black pepper, if available, for an extra zesty kick.
Broil or grill chicken for 20 minutes or until browned on one side, avoiding flare ups. At this point, spray the chicken lightly with olive oil spray; then turn it to the other side and spray again. Cook for another 10 minutes or so until chicken is done (juice no longer runs pink).
Variation: Wine vinegar may be substituted for the lemon juice. If fresh herbs are not available, substitute 1/2-3/4 teaspoon dried.
Serve garnished with sprigs of Rosemary and a lemon wedge.
----------------------------------------------------------
Have a good Super Bowl Weekend; Go Steelers! and Go Cardinals! (I don't watch football, and don't care who wins...!)
Comments
Hugs,